Viacom18 bags 4 TV licenses from MIB

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 78
  • Views: Views 19,827
Bcoz in Kerala their is ETV malayalam channel
In Kerala there is 2 ETV Network Channels,One is ETV Bharat Malayalam[ Digital news channel] Other is ETV Bal Bharat Malayalam[ 24 Hours Kids Sateillte channel]
Yes

I guess, Colors would not dare to enter any regional market any time soon as no region, they lead the market share. In Bengali and Odia market, they have successfully destroyed popular ETV brands. Now hardly anyone watch both Colors Bangla & Colors Odia channels.

In tamil market, till now they (Colors Tamil) are unable to grab audience's attention.

In Marathi market, day-by-day they (Colors Marathi) are lagging behind far from leaders Star & Zee.

In Kannada region, Colors Kannada have been already dethrown from leadership position by Zee. Colors Super is too near to shut their shop.

Only in Gujarati market, Colors Gujarati still dominate the market as only because it is their monopoly market, no competition is there.

They are still frightened to enter Bhojpuri like small market also. Rishtey Bhojpuri was planned about 2 years ago, but no news still now.

In a word, we can say, Colors have no powerful impact on regional market as like Star & Zee.

Last edited:
I guess, Colors would not dare to enter any regional market any time soon as no region, they lead the market share. In Bengali and Odia market, they have successfully destroyed popular ETV brands. Now hardly anyone watch both Colors Bangla & Colors Odia channels.

In tamil market, till now they (Colors Tamil) are unable to grab audience's attention.

In Marathi market, day-by-day they (Colors Marathi) are lagging behind far from leaders Star & Zee.

In Kannada region, Colors Kannada have been already dethrown from leadership position by Zee. Colors Super is too near to shut their shop.

Only in Gujarati market, Colors Gujarati still dominate the market as only because it is their monopoly market, no competition is there.

They are still frightened to enter Bhojpuri like small market also. Rishtey Bhojpuri was planned about 2 years ago, but no news still now.

In a word, we can say, Colors have no powerful impact on regional market as like Star & Zee.
Zee and star success comes from expansion of brand and exchange of stories. If Viacom doesn't expand their brand they will not be in race. Because now a days films , shows are purchased in bundles colors being absent in Telugu and malayalam has to cut those language price hence lossing many bids

The channels are
1. Rishtey bojpuri
2. Colors Marathi cinema
3. Colors Telugu
4. Colors Telugu HD
I think they dont have enough content to start Colors Telugu channels. Since long time they are struggling to get content. That is the reason Colors Telugu launched as web channel only (Only Movies and some old serials) in Voot.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock