Video 1 : Biswajit's Satellite Tracking Series

for example take concave mirror and do the experiments with lights you will get the idea... this right way see my video & experiments and post here what result

omparkash sharma said:
for example take concave mirror and do the experiments with lights you will get the idea... this right way see my video & experiments and post here what result

Dear om ji, vinay, biswa,
The purpose of satellite dish is to collect the signal from the satellite and focus in to the receiver. .. and its the law of reflection states that the angle of incident is equal to the angle of reflection.
Angle of incident : the angle between incident ray and the normal
Angle of reflection : the angle between reflected ray and normal
Normal : perpendicular line passing through the incident object (denoted with dotted line)

so it is clear that being a parabolic shape the satellite signal which is closer to the sides of the dish will get multiple reflections (i didn't drawn it). but i can say as the angle of incident varies the focus point also varies and focuses different area (some times closer to the dish. that why we are not getting signal while transponder hunting) that's why i told to search vertically also. this i was trying to communicate to you....
WhbtF.jpg

some times the multipl refluctions will happen
and the signal will loose due to the rough surface of dish
and it will focus any where
if it is perfect parabola
then defenetily all incidents line will focus on the single focus line thats why the shape we adopt from parabola

M@zh@R said:
Biswajit Broo
Excellent Work
I am also not a good satellite spoter. On 6 ft dish i have still not got all channels of Asiasat3s which others are getting on 4 ft dish.
So i also need inspiration and guidelines from u

Though I am not a sat expert ...
I would like to tell you to check & adjust focal length of your dish.
Small error in focal length will result in high loss in signal gain..... :c

thanks Giri... good info.... I have watermarked Giri's image with ddf logo for protection of originalilty here on ddf... Many copy pasters are roaming on dth forums now a days..

thanks

biswajit.HD said:
thanks Giri... good info.... I have watermarked Giri's image with ddf logo for protection of originalilty here on ddf... Many copy pasters are roaming on dth forums now a days..

thanks

Thanks ... but the way you watermark it , its easy to remove it from the pic. :c

For Information, the beam from "Another Satellite" is going in the wrong direction after hitting the dish surface. The beam will travel in opposite direction of "Another Satellite" with reference to Insat4A.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock