videocon d2h hd review

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 43,736
i mean to say that channel relay of standard channels comes at same time for tata sky and videocon whereas as airtel uses dvb s2 for stndard channels too, channel relay happens 2 seconds earlier. plz dont confuse it with loading of stb, i am talking of picture that we see on tv

dino29 said:
i mean to say that channel relay of standard channels comes at same time for tata sky and videocon whereas as airtel uses dvb s2 for stndard channels too, channel relay happens 2 seconds earlier. plz dont confuse it with loading of stb, i am talking of picture that we see on tv

oh you mean There is a difference in time , when picture comes on, Well it has nothing to do with format or DVB-S2

I can see it clearly when I watch DD transmitting cricket, My C-BAND dish gives me picture first, Second is the cable (They get the same signal and broadcast it through cable, The same scene appear on DD-Direct+ next, Then on SD, It is just that the DTH operator has o receive the signal from C-BAND and then retransmit it his satellite, A round trip of course, It will be definitely delayed for sure, Check a C-BAND, Cable and two or three dth services, They all have different lag, Since satellites are all at about 35.786 kms, and speed of light is about 299,792, kms, it will take 35786/299792=0.12 seconds for a one way trip of the signal

So normally you get second hand manipulated signals on DTH, Better move to C-BAND or cable to get fresher ones

Means if something is send up from the channels studio at 10 AM , those watching it on c-band will see it after 0.24 seconds, Those watching it on cable will see a few milliseconds late, DTH service will have to process and mix the signals and send it back to their satellite so another quarter second (In fact more depending on what they do to signal in uplinks, Kinds of encryption, Number of channels and finally quality of equipments in their uplinking station, It has nothing to do with DVB-S or DVB-S2 as wave speed is same for all of those signals,

i understand that very well sir , par how in airtel signals r coming faster than tata sky or d2h in case of standard channels while in case of hs chs as alll r on dvb s2, signal/picture comes at same time

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock