Videocon D2h or Dish TruHD or any other DTH

• Thread starter Pawan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 6,547

Pawan

Reaction score
I am looking for a good DTH service with priorities as below

1. HD channels (Esp. Sports, English Movies, Infotainment)
2. Good quality SD channels
3. Cost effective
4. Service
5. Reception quality during extreme weather conditions (Rain/Windy/Cloudy)

As per review done so far, Videocon D2h seems to have come close to meeting my priorities, but the speculations that Tata Sky, Airtel and Dish TruHD are increasing their channels by moving/adding their transponders has caught me in jinx. Also the recent addition of new HD channels in Dish TruHD catches my attention. So has anybody compared the quality of signal by dish TruHD with others?

On Videocon D2h side, although the reception quality of Videocon D2h is 1080i, do they have any plans of providing 1080p in future? Are they going to add new HD channels?

Please help me out!

Thanks,
Pawan

Cost Effectiveness
take dish tv if u can pay little high as compared to videocon d2h. tata sky is too costly, so is airtel to a certain limit as compared to number of chs they carrry

Customer Care
videocon d2h cust care is not good and so is the issue with dish tv, airtel

Aftersales
aftersales of videocon d2h is good, just complaint on their facebook or twitter page and ur issue will be resolved as fast as possible, same is the case with airtel just complaint to [email protected] and ur issue will be resolve very efficiently

Tata Sky too has good service, can't say anything about dish as i do not have it

Picture Quality
picture quality of videocon d2h was good until few days back but may due to some technical issue or overcompression it has become little bad (i am trying to get it resolved), it will be back to good soon and videocon d2h has many channels which are unavailable on other dth networks

airtel digital has good picture quality now on sd and hd channels but they are far behind in channel count but it has almost all popular chs barring a few

Dish tv too as i have seen overcompresses certain sd channels but hd quality is very good but dish tv does not have espn hd and star cricket hd and even if it will come u will have to pay a high amount for it

Tata Sky has good picture quality as it applies deblocking to dissolves pixels which smoothens picture but picture is less sharp

Signal During Rains
videocon d2h and airtel work fine during rains except if there is fat drops of high rain or very very cloudy

Tata Sky signals goes away easily even during little rain as they have low FEC

Do not know about dish tv

Karthik said:
During rain, dish tv signals also goes off.

Dish TV Dish Much Better Than D2H Dish (Checked 1 Week Before By Setting Them For ST-2)

Pawan said:

3. Cost effective
4. Service

As per review done so far, Videocon D2h seems to have come close to meeting my priorities, but the speculations that Tata Sky, Airtel and Dish TruHD are increasing their channels by moving/adding their transponders has caught me in jinx. Also the recent addition of new HD channels in Dish TruHD catches my attention. So has anybody compared the quality of signal by dish TruHD with others?

On Videocon D2h side, although the reception quality of Videocon D2h is 1080i, do they have any plans of providing 1080p in future? Are they going to add new HD channels?

Please help me out!

Thanks,
Pawan

Based On Your Requirements D2H Seems To Good For You! At Present Situation

Re: RE: Videocon D2h or Dish TruHD or any other DTH

Vadirocks said:
Karthik said:
During rain, dish tv signals also goes off.

Dish TV Dish Much Better Than D2H Dish (Checked 1 Week Before By Setting Them For ST-2)

Agree. Signal issues on d2h 90cm dish during rain.

Vadirocks said:
Pawan said:

3. Cost effective
4. Service

Please help me out!

Thanks,
Pawan

Based On Your Requirements D2H Seems To Good For You! At Present Situation

Thanks Vadi, can you be more specific! Since you mentioned Dish tv to be better than Videocon D2h and still you are suggesting D2h for me. Is it because of the packages? or Cost effectiveness? or quality? or something else.

Also I would appreciate if you could give some insight on digital output quality, as in PQ and AQ. Do any of these plan to improve in near future? I am planning to go for annual package, this factor becomes more important for me.

Thanks again,
Pawan

Pawan said:

3. Cost effective
4. Service

Please help me out!

Thanks,
Pawan

Bro ill give you some pros and cons of each dth.
First of all, its best if you wait for a few weeks because theres a rumour that ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD will be added before the CT2013.

Dish TV: Dish TV is a great option! Its a bit more costly than Videocon D2H, but its better in many ways. Its PQ and AQ is superior to D2H but not as good as Airtel. Its has maximum number of True HD channels (25) in comparison to any other DTH. Its SD picture and audio quality is also pretty good. The service is average in comparison to all the other DTH companies in India. Another downside is that there is no ESS HD on Dish TV yet, and if youre a sports fan then it also doesnt have Star Sports 2. However thay have all the remaining important HD channels in India. Im using it and im very satisfied.

Airtel DTH: Airtel is another very good option! It has probably the best PQ out of all the DTH companies in India. It has all HD sports channels and is the only company in India to carry Star Sports 2. The service is pretty good. Its downsides are that its more costly than Dish TV and D2H, especially if you want all the channels. Another downside is that it has less HD channels in comparison to D2H and Dish TV, however it has all the basic channels needed. The watermark in the bottom corner is also a bit distracting. However this is another good option.

Videocon D2H: It doesnt have excellent PQ and AQ however there are a lot of other pros. It has a lot of HD channels (22), it doesnt carry Star Sports 2 as well. However it does have ESS HD, and its the most cost effective company. Its cheaper than Airtel, Dish TV and Tata Sky. The service is decent.

Tata Sky: I wouldnt recommend it. Its only pros are good PQ, and good customer service. Other than that it has very little HD channels and its also very costly.

Almost all the DTH companies dont work in the rain, so no point in keeping that a factor. In terms of expanding and adding more channels, Airtel and Dish TV have the most channels space on their satellites and Dish TV aims to add 3-5 more HD channels by the end of the year.

I hope i helped you :) no company's perfect, so choose wisely.

no dth company is perfect.

1)be specifit with ur choice on Hd channel of sport, movies and infotainment.

if u want all then dish tv or otherwise can settel for adtv or ts.
2) good quality sd channel can be found in adtv, ts, but if u want to watch mostly hd channel rather than sd then go for dish tv

3) cost effective wise d2h was leder till last 6 months ago. but now gap is narrow.
compare package channel of each dth, and u will get answer, also see add-on or al-a carte channel price.

4) service wise ts is leader. but u can settle with d2h also. no comments fro adtv and dish.
5)u cant buy full proof dth which wont gets distubed in rain, then only choice is cable tv.

but u if u talerrate 1-300 seconds then can go for dth. based on above parameter, and dont consider this rain tolerance in ur mind.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock