videocond2h Changed the Symbolrate of TP 11483 V 44995

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 21
  • Views Views: Views 6,191
BTW, this Symbol Rate is equal to the one being used on 11164 H and 11164 V. So if they change the symbol rate of other 7 TPs also they will make space for 8 SD channels or 2 HD channels.

This is just in theory. Practically this can have great impact on signal quality. Since d2h uses 1/3 of its bandwidth for error correction it may have very minimal effect.

Symbol Rate simply talks about the amount of data that can be transferred on the TP which is basically the bandwidth.

But high symbol rates also mean more prone to data loss when transmitting through medium due to obstacles. Data loss brings down signal quality which means low PQ and/or AQ. But the high error correction bits used by d2h should make this affect minimal.

Both Dish TV and D2h use an Forward Error Control of 2/3 (i.e 2 data bits and 1 error correction bit for every 3 bits) on a 54Mhz TP. TS uses very low FEC of 5/6 or 7/8 and ADTV uses 3/4. They must be very confident about no data loss for using such low FEC. Using an FEC like 2/3 makes it easy on receiver end to correct data as more bits are available for error correction.

Jerome.J said:
Good info bro....but what abt SR and PQ?

High SR....LOW PQ????

v_srikanth961 said:
Symbol Rate simply talks about the amount of data that can be transferred on the TP which is basically the bandwidth.

But high symbol rates also mean more prone to data loss when transmitting through medium due to obstacles. Data loss brings down signal quality which means low PQ and/or AQ. But the high error correction bits used by d2h should make this affect minimal.

Both Dish TV and D2h use an Forward Error Control of 2/3 (i.e 2 data bits and 1 error correction bit for every 3 bits) on a 54Mhz TP. TS uses very low FEC of 5/6 or 7/8 and ADTV uses 3/4. They must be very confident about no data loss for using such low FEC. Using an FEC like 2/3 makes it easy on receiver end to correct data as more bits are available for error correction.

Thanks brother....

Yes. 3/5 FEC also used in some tp in d2h. That means 40% error correction.

This's Not Exactly That Friends.

I Think High SR Leads To Accommodate More Channels & 2/3. FEC Is For We Can Watch Channels Without Freezing Even With Minimum33% Signal,

Gssran Will Give You Brief About This,,,,,,,,

Vadirocks said:
This's Not Exactly That Friends.

I Think High SR Leads To Accommodate More Channels

Then Why didn't d2h do this earlier since they will get more channel space without any investment???

As I mentioned more symbol rate, more susceptible to noise. Now they might have increased on this TP because the new 11164 H and V TPs were operating on a higher symbol rate without problems.

BTW, just to make my post clear, when I said drop in PQ/AQ, Im not referring to the typical blurring in picture. As signal gets distorted by noise we may see scrambled picture or noisy audio.

Who knows d2h can actually use this extra bandwidth to just improve HD picture quality and not squeeze in more channels. May be even upgrade to 1080p from 1080i. :)

Jerome.J said:
Then Why didn't d2h do this earlier since they will get more channel space without any investment???

Jerome.J said:

Nope No Idea Bro!

v_srikanth961 said:
Now they might have increased on this TP because the new 11164 H and V TPs were operating on a higher symbol rate without problems.

Yes....good thinking.....so they may extend it to remaining 7 tp frequencies also.....

Back
Top Bottom