Breaking Vijay Super HD has been added by Airtel Digital TV

Many New Pay TV Channels will continue to be provided on A La Carte basis until New Updated RIO is signed + implemented which shall include these channels as part of Broadcaster Bouquet....As i can decode right now Airtel Digital TV has opted to sign agreement for addition of some Pay Channels on their platform on standalone basis rather than signing updated RIO as in lot of cases it would then require changes in LCN order of various channels in some or all genres which cannot be done right now as it shall lead to violation of Channel Slab arrangement agreed upon in ongoing RIO agreement with other broadcasters.....

This is why many channels are in waiting list for them to be added on Airtel Digital TV Platform, only select few which can be accommodated adhering to current Slab order/LCN placement order of all broadcasters as agreed upon in respective RIO agreement will get added and of these too lot many will be available on individual basis rather than as part of Broadcaster Or DPO bouquet bcoz of reason i have explained above ..... If such channels are included in DPO bouquet then some temporary price rise may happen or airtel could well absorb the price burden and keep DPO bouquet price same.

Other Pay TV Channels shall only get added once New Updated RIO agreements get implemented and LCN Realignment is done accordingly, till such time even if empty LCN r available in concerned genre still such channels would remain to be kept in pending status

Buddy,

Star Sports 1 Tamil HD & Telugu HD, Other Newly Launched Channels Falls Under Same RIO As Vijay Super HD,

Please Don't Go By Assumptions

I didn't talk about you or your post. I will definitely quote your post or mention you while replying to you. My post is independent.

And I don't think they need to sign a fresh RIO to add Vijay Super HD in DPO and broadcaster bouquets now as the channel is already included in NTO 3 broadcaster bouquets which is also signed by Airtel. Star hasn't made any changes to the packs after this. Airtel was offering Vijay Super SD in packs as HD was not launched in the platform. Same happened with SS 1 Tamil HD and Telugu HD also. I can give numerous examples. Remember they added Colors wala English GEC news Sports HD and made changes to other broadcaster bouquets after they added Sports18 1 HD. For this also they didn't have to sign new RIO as the packs were the latest already. They didn't have to sign fresh RIO as there is no change in broadcaster bouquets. LCN part also I don't agree. HD is added in 773 just after SD which is after Vasant TV and before Sun Life which is also compliant with existing LCN slab. Airtel can definitely add Vijay Super HD in DPO and broadcaster bouquets now. They have deliberately kept it in hold.

Buddy,

Star Sports 1 Tamil HD & Telugu HD, Other Newly Launched Channels Falls Under Same RIO As Vijay Super HD,

Please Don't Go By Assumptions

@Karthik_ anna 1stly i apologise for the late revert back.... Also the point which i made that many members always r in a hurry just try to dismiss or reject what i state without even putting in efforts to read + understand what is the meaning of the same , yes u had not tagged me but as u read almost all important posts which r shared in the forum hence i had hoped that u had read my previous comments which was related to the query which provided answer to it

@Karthik_ & @Vadirocks anna let me again state that that what i said was not based on any fictious or wrong assumptions ...rather it has a rationale basis.

Again u r not able to understand what i am saying...let me try to explain with an example as that may help in conveying the message in better manner

So there r 2 different things one which u r stating that latest RIO has already been signed with respective broadcasters by Airtel Digital TV but due to bandwidth constraint airtel kept addition of certain channels in pending status. Now in this scenario itself i had stated that for addition of the said channels Airtel would need to update the RIO agreement reason being that as per channel placement slab chosen in each RIO agreement with different broadcasters airtel would have agreed to place various channels of these broadcasters in respective genres on their EPG. So for example incase of Disney Star Airtel Digital TV has signed for a slab/channel placement order in RIO agreement wherein Star Gold HD ,Star Gold 2 HD have to be listed in Top 5 LCN slots (HD channels count) under Hindi Movie Genre then say tomorrow Sony Max 2 HD is launched so Airtel would not be able to add Sony Max 2 HD at LCN 210 until it makes changes in RIO agreement with Disney Star or decides to add Sony Max 2 HD separately at some other LCN as makeshift arrangement where too it would have to check if doing so does not violate Slab agreement (LCN placement order) of Hindi Movie Channels as agreed upon in RIO agreement with other broadcasters while also complying with Current Slab Agreement as chosen by them in RIO with Sony...... So not having empty LCN slots is just 1 issue but even when a operator has empty LCN slots available for addition of some channels still it has to look above things too while deciding about adding channels on the platform, even many FTA channels too have pre signed agreement with DTH /Cable operators wherein if say a FTA channel pays higher carriage fee to get a higher LCN slot in a genre then there maybe terms which would restrict an operator adding competitor FTA channel before it.

So as u said Star Gold 2 HD was added on Airtel Digital TV Platform and got included in Broadcaster / DPO bouquet immediately , what would have happened was that Airtel Digital TV would have again opted for same Slab Agreement (Channel Placement Order) while signing/renewing latest RIO agreement with Disney Star back in beginning of 2023 as was the case in the previous RIO agreement thereby adding Star Gold 2 HD on LCN earlier held by UTV HD would have meant that not only addition of this channel did not violate Channel Placement Order/Slab opted for in ongoing RIO agreement with other broadcasters but as its placement complied with Slab Signed for in New RIO agreement which lead to its inclusion in Broadcaster / DPO bouquet within short time...same would be the case with Star Sports 1 Tamil/Telugu.

Like i have mentioned that for addition of channels on any platform it is utmost important that above things r considered / looked into... Certain channels would have to be kept pending bcoz of empty slots being unavailable or due to compliance issue with respective Slab Order opted for in RIO agreement with various broadcasters or even both the above reasons thus for addition of such channels changes in Slab Order in respective RIO agreement alongwith LCN Realignment according to it is extremely necessary while for certain other channels addition can happen easily but these maybe provided just on A La Carte basis (if addition of these on particular LCN leads to non compliance/violation in existing slab agreements signed with different broadcasters) or included in DPO/Broadcaster Bouquet if it adheres to existing terms.

Lastly SD feed of Star Gold 2, Vijay Super r i think also included in Disney Star HD Bouquet or if not then being provided on complimentary basis to operators as some operators have still not added these channels..... I am still getting both SD and HD feeds of Star Gold 2 in my HD Bouquet ...... If so it could be a temporary arrangement as made by Indiacast by including SD feeds of Sports18, MTV, MTV Beats, Vh1 in their HD broadcaster bouquet as Airtel Digital TV has not added its HD feed until now.

Lastly for operators there r separate Slab /Channel Placement Order options which need to be selected for SD and HD channels in RIO agreement of all broadcasters thus for incase of each genre LCN placement for SD/HD channels has to compliant with the arrangement operators have chosen in the said RIO so @Karthik_ anna even though there maybe an empty LCN available after the SD feed of a channel but the HD feed addition would only be possible if operator can manage to ascertain that it is in alignment with above criteria

i hope that now i have cleared ur doubts as u had attributed different meaning to it

@Karthik_ anna 1stly i apologise for the late revert back.... Also the point which i made that many members always r in a hurry just try to dismiss or reject what i state without even putting in efforts to read + understand what is the meaning of the same , yes u had not tagged me but as u read almost all important posts which r shared in the forum hence i had hoped that u had read my previous comments which was related to the query which provided answer to it

@Karthik_ & @Vadirocks anna let me again state that that what i said was not based on any fictious or wrong assumptions ...rather it has a rationale basis.

Again u r not able to understand what i am saying...let me try to explain with an example as that may help in conveying the message in better manner

So there r 2 different things one which u r stating that latest RIO has already been signed with respective broadcasters by Airtel Digital TV but due to bandwidth constraint airtel kept addition of certain channels in pending status. Now in this scenario itself i had stated that for addition of the said channels Airtel would need to update the RIO agreement reason being that as per channel placement slab chosen in each RIO agreement with different broadcasters airtel would have agreed to place various channels of these broadcasters in respective genres on their EPG. So for example incase of Disney Star Airtel Digital TV has signed for a slab/channel placement order in RIO agreement wherein Star Gold HD ,Star Gold 2 HD have to be listed in Top 5 LCN slots (HD channels count) under Hindi Movie Genre then say tomorrow Sony Max 2 HD is launched so Airtel would not be able to add Sony Max 2 HD at LCN 210 until it makes changes in RIO agreement with Disney Star or decides to add Sony Max 2 HD separately at some other LCN as makeshift arrangement where too it would have to check if doing so does not violate Slab agreement (LCN placement order) of Hindi Movie Channels as agreed upon in RIO agreement with other broadcasters while also complying with Current Slab Agreement as chosen by them in RIO with Sony...... So not having empty LCN slots is just 1 issue but even when a operator has empty LCN slots available for addition of some channels still it has to look above things too while deciding about adding channels on the platform, even many FTA channels too have pre signed agreement with DTH /Cable operators wherein if say a FTA channel pays higher carriage fee to get a higher LCN slot in a genre then there maybe terms which would restrict an operator adding competitor FTA channel before it.

So as u said Star Gold 2 HD was added on Airtel Digital TV Platform and got included in Broadcaster / DPO bouquet immediately , what would have happened was that Airtel Digital TV would have again opted for same Slab Agreement (Channel Placement Order) while signing/renewing latest RIO agreement with Disney Star back in beginning of 2023 as was the case in the previous RIO agreement thereby adding Star Gold 2 HD on LCN earlier held by UTV HD would have meant that not only addition of this channel did not violate Channel Placement Order/Slab opted for in ongoing RIO agreement with other broadcasters but as its placement complied with Slab Signed for in New RIO agreement which lead to its inclusion in Broadcaster / DPO bouquet within short time...same would be the case with Star Sports 1 Tamil/Telugu.

Like i have mentioned that for addition of channels on any platform it is utmost important that above things r considered / looked into... Certain channels would have to be kept pending bcoz of empty slots being unavailable or due to compliance issue with respective Slab Order opted for in RIO agreement with various broadcasters or even both the above reasons thus for addition of such channels changes in Slab Order in respective RIO agreement alongwith LCN Realignment according to it is extremely necessary while for certain other channels addition can happen easily but these maybe provided just on A La Carte basis (if addition of these on particular LCN leads to non compliance/violation in existing slab agreements signed with different broadcasters) or included in DPO/Broadcaster Bouquet if it adheres to existing terms.

Lastly SD feed of Star Gold 2, Vijay Super r i think also included in Disney Star HD Bouquet or if not then being provided on complimentary basis to operators as some operators have still not added these channels..... I am still getting both SD and HD feeds of Star Gold 2 in my HD Bouquet ...... If so it could be a temporary arrangement as made by Indiacast by including SD feeds of Sports18, MTV, MTV Beats, Vh1 in their HD broadcaster bouquet as Airtel Digital TV has not added its HD feed until now.

Lastly for operators there r separate Slab /Channel Placement Order options which need to be selected for SD and HD channels in RIO agreement of all broadcasters thus for incase of each genre LCN placement for SD/HD channels has to compliant with the arrangement operators have chosen in the said RIO so @Karthik_ anna even though there maybe an empty LCN available after the SD feed of a channel but the HD feed addition would only be possible if operator can manage to ascertain that it is in alignment with above criteria

i hope that now i have cleared ur doubts as u had attributed different meaning to it
Vijay super HD still not available for black customer why? Pathetic

Hi, 4th paragraph is little confusing, could you please clarify in detail.

WiWQpQa.jpg

Added in Tamil family kids sports HD. Think also added in Tamil Entertainment HD and Tamil Premium family HD as Vijay Super SD is not reflecting in these packs. Vijay Super SD is still reflecting in Tamil Mega HD. So not added yet in Tamil Mega HD. Yet to be added in broadcaster bouquets and a la carte also. @dino29 hope you get it now. New RIO signing not required.

As per airtel xstream box pack details
Vijay super hd include to tamil premium family hd and tamil mega hd pack.
fYQ4oQU.jpg
KOUR5E0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock