vishwaroopam banned

• Thread starter people
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 8,558
Vishwaroopam ban: Celebs tweet in support of Kamal Haasan
BollywoodLife
The ban on Kamal Haasan’s film Vishwaroopam is unfair and against the CBFC classification, say B-town and Tamil industry insiders

The Tamil Nadu government’s ban on actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s movie Vishwaroopam, following objections from Muslim organisations, has left film industry members like Shekhar Kapur, Prakash Raj, Siddharth, Anubhav Sinha, Madhur Bhandarkar and Manoj Bajpayee upset and angry.

The movie’s Tamil and Telugu versions were slated for release on Friday, January 25. However, it has now been stalled for 15 days in Tamil Nadu after representatives of some Muslim organisations met the state home secretary and submitted a memorandum, pointing that the movie portrays the community in a bad light.

Filmmakers and actors took to Twitter to share their reactions on the ban, and unanimously pondered over the worth of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) in the country. Here’s what they had to say:

Prakash Raj:

“Ban on ‘Vishwaroopam’. NOT FAIR. This cultural terrorism should stop. We should stand for the right to express. We are with you Kamal sir.

When Tamil , Telugu n Hindi three censor boards of this democratic country has cleared vishwaroopam. Where does this ban come from???

spoke to distributors and people of malaysia. It’s a Muslim country and the censor board has cleared vishwaroopam released the film today.

People who saw the Film in malaysia say there is nothing against Muslims to worry. It’s a wonderful film by Kamal sir is someone listening .”

Shekhar Kapur:
“I stand up for #kamalhassan right 2 show d world #vishwaroopam n let d people decide, especially after Censor Board has passed the film.You?”

Ronnie Screwvala: “I think we are all going to another extreme – being moral police for “everythin” – not good at all.”

Anubhav Sinha: “Is the Tamil Nadu government saying that they do not recognise CBFC? Or they can’t handle law and order? Or they subscribe to the objection? When a government needs to ride on a movie star, you should know how intellectually and politically bankrupt they are.”

Siddharth: “Ban on ‘Vishwaroopam’ is a regressive, back to the dark ages blow to Tamil cinema by the Tamil Nadu government… how do we make a change?”

R Madhavan: “My Anbu Tamil Makkale.We have been one of the most secular states ever.Let not that ever be snatched from us.Vishwaroopam deserves a release.”

Madhur Bhandarkar: “I am appalled by the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to ban Kamal Haasan’s ‘Vishwaroopam’. After the film has been passed by the censor board. Not done.”

Manoj Bajpayee: “It is disappointing to hear that state government of Tamil Nadu banned ‘Vishwaroopam’ after the film is censored. That brings the importace of censor in question.”

Amit Khanna:
“The ban on Kamalhaasan’s Vishwaroopam is totally uncalled for!Condemnable.”

Lakshmi Manchu: “It is appalling what’s happening with #vishwaroopam.. Pls don’t mix films w cheap politics. This insane cultural mafia shd end!!!”

i hate this big p*g (silly politician)
825kQXN.jpg

Today all over Karnataka vishwaroopam running with out any issue.already running successfully on Andra and Kerala.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock