Discussion What are some channels you think deserves a shutdown?

Khusboo Bangla, Sony Aath

I am not in favour of Sony aath closure. The kids in Bengal watch them. See my post below for the reason

2. Colors Bangla & Colors Odia - Both have ditched original programming and switched to dubbed content, just like Sony Aath. (However, I am not in favour of Sony Aath getting axed because it has animated content like Gopal Bhand and Nut Boltu which are liked by kids in Bengal.) Secondly they are consistently in the 5th spot in BARC ratings.

Last edited:
Broadcasters should keep only one channel in each genre.
Eg. In GEC Star should keep only Star plus and axe Star Bharat.same goes with zee & Sony.
What is the purpose of nat Geo wild & discovery science.

Coming to sports, rather than having multiple channels showing same content in different languages, just show the feed in English having multiple audio.

Most of the unknown hindi news channels should be shut down.

Broadcasters should keep only one channel in each genre.
Eg. In GEC Star should keep only Star plus and axe Star Bharat.same goes with zee & Sony.
What is the purpose of nat Geo wild & discovery science.

Coming to sports, rather than having multiple channels showing same content in different languages, just show the feed in English having multiple audio.

Most of the unknown hindi news channels should be shut down.
In fact Star Bharat is struggling to get satisfactory TRP. Last week Friday saw the final telecasts of Akbar Ka Bal Birbal and Gangs of Filmistaan. Now, Star Bharat is left with only 3 original shows. The channel is never going to recover. Same goes with &TV. Better shut them.

I want these 2 channels to shutdown
1. UTV HD - A complete waste movie channel with no proper schedule.
2. Sony Yay - Though I love Sony Network (SET & SAB are my most favourite Hindi gecs), still one thing I absolutely hate about SPN is Sony Yay. According to me it is the most disgusting Indian TV channel ever. It also replaced one of my most favourite channels Animax, so that's why I hate it even more.

I want shutdown of Investigation Discovery.
I don't like to watch the channel
One of my favourite channel (within 1 or 2 month) Discovery Jeet replaced by this channel.

Discovery Jeet should be relaunch again!

One of my favourite channel (within 1 or 2 month) Discovery Jeet replaced by this channel.

sorry to ask what did u likeon discovery Jeet??? discovery itself didnt like Jeet they had to shut it down

Critically acclaimed channel from Discovery worldwide. Even Veer by Discovery is much better than Jeet.

More than Shut down I would really like the rebranding of Sports channels especially updating the logos. Both Sony and Star.

Speaking of Shutting down
- Being one among tamil audience, I would want Most tamil channels to be shut down specially
* Kalaignar Murasu, News, Chithiram
* News - Jaya, Raj, Sun, Thanthi, Sathiyam
* GEC - Color tamil SD and HD (for the tamil movie library that they have), Mega, Captain, Polimer (I am much happier with polimer being Polimer news alone)
* all evangelicals irrecpective of religion
* Vijay Super (shut down SD version and only have HD version since most MSO / DTH can telecast downscaled HD version)

* Sports - Shutting down of regional sports and offering language feeds on english channels
* English GEC - Disney International HD (launching a channel that would bring disney+ content to TV)
* English News - Republic, Times HD world (most might disagree), ET now (Shut down SD and launch HD)
SUN News was 2nd most watched news channel in tamil and Thanthi is 3rd most watched news channel in tamil.

S

Shut up Investigation Discovery Is One Of My Favourite Channel And discovery jeet shouldn't come back they show good things

Zee cinemalu SD channel should shutdown.
It has a very low quality in playing movies and movies are in upscaled version.
Instead they can play all movies in Zee cinemalu HD

They can shutdown Zee cinemalu HD.
They can play movies in hd version in Zee cinemalu SD.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock