What might happen to Tata Sky after Insat 4A expiration!

But As Of Now

Nobody Knows What Tata Sky Plans After Insat 4A Expiry!

TS will never opt for another satellite outside 83 degrees. And using a mono-block LNB will be a very difficult step as they will need to change LNB of millions of Dishes. Instead of this they can switch to HEVC and change STB in phase manner if they want to use a single satellite until they get a replacement for Insat 4A.

I feel Insat 4A will work for more years, and ISRO is also monitoring it, Insat 4A also has many C band channels so they will have to go for a new satellite in same orbit. So i feel ISRO will launch a new satellite this year GSAT 11 and GSAT 20.

TS will never opt for another satellite outside 83 degrees. And using a mono-block LNB will be a very difficult step as they will need to change LNB of millions of Dishes. Instead of this they can switch to HEVC and change STB in phase manner if they want to use a single satellite until they get a replacement for Insat 4A.

I feel Insat 4A will work for more years, and ISRO is also monitoring it, Insat 4A also has many C band channels so they will have to go for a new satellite in same orbit. So i feel ISRO will launch a new satellite this year GSAT 11 and GSAT 20.

Launched In 2005-Dec

Lifetime 12 Years!

Now Calculate When It'll Expire!

Launched In 2005-Dec

Lifetime 12 Years!

Now Calculate When It'll Expire!

yes, i know, so its expected life ends in Dec 2017.

But sometimes a satellite keeps working even after its Estimated Life ends, all due to Gods grace. May be the satellite is lucky, hope its works for a year more until ISRO launches a replacement

yes, i know, so its expected life ends in Dec 2017.

But sometimes a satellite keeps working even after its Estimated Life ends, all due to Gods grace. May be the satellite is lucky, hope its works for a year more until ISRO launches a replacement

No Bro!

Operational Was Around March 2006

So I Guess We Have 3 Months Time! May Be More Than That!

generally satellites can function 2-3 yrs more than their expected lifetime, easily.
Insat 4A has 12 yrs life expectancy, which expired in 2017 ( since it launched in 2005)

But it sould be able to function till 2020 easily. And by that time ISRO will launch more satellites, considering launching sats, is like a child play for our highly competent ISRO team :nj:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock