When can we expect News channels in HD ?

dipayan said:
You cannot compare United Arab Emirates to India because of huge difference in per capita income. Most of the people here are still using low cost CRT TV along with analog cable so how can u expect HD channels. Digitization of cable process has just started. So HD is yet to become main stream in India only 4-5 % subscribers are HD subscribers. High LCD price is another main reason here and it's because of High import tax. I think very few LCD are manufactured in India, most of them are imported from china.

India's top four television makers, Samsung, Sony, LG and Panasonic, are reporting four-fold increase in LED television sales ever since the government imposed a duty on flat panel television sets brought in as part of passenger baggage in August. See this article:

LED TV makers Samsung, Sony, LG and Panasonic report rise in sales as duty curbs imports - Economic Times

Frost & Sullivan research estimates that the Flat Panel TV market in India was valued at US $3.55 billion in 2012 and is likely to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 21.7 percent by 2015.

http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/press-release.pag?docid=283495409

In sheer number terms, the flat panel TV population in India is set to overtake the entire population of countries like Australia by 2015. This is expected to be driven by a growing middle class, growth in disposable incomes and especially an increase in demand from the rural markets in India as per research.

So potentially a big market is there for HD channels in India. It needs to be tapped by both broadcasters and service providers with the right marketing strategy.

Re: RE: When can we expect News channels in HD ?

DishHD said:
I am sorry to say but India is really a very bad market to introduce HD channels bcuz HD penetration is really very low in india compare to other place's in world. For example in my place here in Dubai if you subscribe to a local DTH or Local provider you will get easily around more than 100 HD and some 3D channels and most of the HD and 3D channels here are mostly international channels like Itv HD, Fox Movies HD, showtime Movies etc and in sports like Fox sports HD or Showtime sports HD, now this broadcaster's knew in a country like UAE (Dubai) around more than 90% of people's have latest LED or plasma Tv's and they will surely subscribe and watch HD channels instead of SD channels on their large tv's. But in India i would say hardly 10 to 20% people will have latest LED or plasma tv's to enjoy HD channels, thats why many broadcaster's and DTH operators are still concentrating on SD channels rather than HD channels in Indian Market.

You are so funny.... :D 100 HD channels? Only USA has more than 100 HD channels... ;)

moved to correct section..

BTW, why need news in HD, wanna watch Modi's beard in HD or Sonia's wrinkles in HD. :D :rofl

^^ lol. btw I have seen a few news channels on local cable which contains HD term in their logos but they don't look like they are genuine HD channels.

pravinraaj.mba1 said:
You are so funny.... :D 100 HD channels? Only USA has more than 100 HD channels... ;)

seriously you are the most funniest guy i have ever seen in forums bcuz you seem be a kid who has begin watching tv like few days ago :D, What made you think that USA is the only country in the world with alot of HD channels. Let me inform you something about HD, First of all HD resolution but was first invented in Japan in the year 1997 or 98 and Japans NHK Channel was the first 720p Hd channel launched in the world but Americans and others came to know about HD resolution channels in 2001. But what made you think that USA is the only country which has more HD channels has in my place i can get more than 35 HD sports channels and also some of them are Free to air channels and if you don't trust me just check the channels list on Satellites Nile sat 7 West and Arab Sat also known has Badrsat 26 east in lyngsat website. I think there many hd channels in countries like Japan, UK, china, Europe and Middle east etc and i don't think USA is the only that have many HD channels and i don't think USA's Technology is has good has Japans Technology plus now a days USA is also struggling to battle with south Korea in the field of Technology. Now guys like you watch some mind blowing Hollywood movies and they think USA is the best in latest technology but Hollywood Movies doesn't make USA the best in Technology.

:u

Re: RE: When can we expect News channels in HD ?

DishHD said:
seriously you are the most funniest guy i have ever seen in forums bcuz you seem be a kid who has begin watching tv like few days ago :D, What made you think that USA is the only country in the world with alot of HD channels. Let me inform you something about HD, First of all HD resolution but was first invented in Japan in the year 1997 or 98 and Japans NHK Channel was the first 720p Hd channel launched in the world but Americans and others came to know about HD resolution channels in 2001. But what made you think that USA is the only country which has more HD channels has in my place i can get more than 35 HD sports channels and also some of them are Free to air channels and if you don't trust me just check the channels list on Satellites Nile sat 7 West and Arab Sat also known has Badrsat 26 east in lyngsat website. I think there many hd channels in countries like Japan, UK, china, Europe and Middle east etc and i don't USA is the only that have many HD channels

:u :lol :D

Some one took a dig at u and u wanted to give him back strongly but u couldnt do that actually through this post ....though u were able to prove urself with above info but i thought u missed some fire in ur post so u could have written it better ...
That so called lol (which u wrote in the end) is actually ur frustration bcoz there is nothing funny in that:D:D

I remember reading somewhere that Japan has 100% HD channels & US is far behind.

DishHD said:
seriously you are the most funniest guy i have ever seen in forums bcuz you seem be a kid who has begin watching tv like few days ago :D, What made you think that USA is the only country in the world with alot of HD channels. Let me inform you something about HD, First of all HD resolution

Whats wrong with you i never said other countries doesnt have many hd channels but i said only usa has more than 100 HD channels... UK has around 85 HD channels they might increase it this year. In russia they just started broadcast around 50 HD channels.Please Show me a proof for other countries having more than 100 HD channels. Any countries. Dont count canada.

pravinraaj.mba1 said:
Whats wrong with you i never said other countries doesnt have many hd channels but i said only usa has more than 100 HD channels... UK has around 85 HD channels they might increase it this year. In russia they just started broadcast around 50 HD channels.Please Show me a proof for other countries having more than 100 HD channels. Any countries. Dont count canada.

Now if you had checked my earlier post and the link i posted their about local Cable Tv Provider in UAE then you would have believed me but now i had to post this proof here with picture that USA is not the only country in world with alot of HD channels. Now if a local Cable provider in UAE like Elife can provide 90 HD channels plus many other Free to air HD channels we can get through nilesat and Badrsat then the HD channels count in UAE will go much higher than 100 HD channels thus it doesn't means that USA or UAE have 100 hd channels but many countries i am sure do have more than 100 HD channels not just USA my friend.

Etisalat_e_Life_TV_Channel_Lists.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock