Discussion Which are some discontinued Indian TV channels you miss?

My list is slightly long

Animax India - during launch i miss its Hindi dub feed shows of Daigunder , Cardcaptor sakura , Captain Tsubasa & Ranma Half, ( sometimes same used to come as segment in SET ..they stopped airing hindi dub in 2005-2006 in between. ( captain tsubasa was inspirational )
after that in while it didnt came in cable when it came after few years it started only in english dub then it went in cable. after some years i got back in cable enjoyed fr few years in english dub & first time learned to watch with subtitle in japenese anime series. cool thing about them it is animated series but with action and the music even if you dont understand the language makes you start humming the song. then sadly they replaced channel abruptly :(

Old Cartoon Network India- shows were diverse, made me think to shift hotels if there was no cn in that cable in that hotel XD, got late in my cable used to watch all shows, mostly hindi dub english was not good in starting. Toonami block was so cool the graphics , and animated series was action packed. used to confuse transformers prime with electric transformers in science class, originally cn used to have Tiny tv later they shifted to pogo. even if they used to air reairing on morning & night. i used to watch akl repeat airings, pokemon , naruto..beyblade , digimon, static shock , justice league,teen titans, Ben10 etc. tom jerry kids show,. CN reach & beyblade populariuty made me buy so many beyblades and fight tournaments
before cn came in cable used to enjoy watching cn segment in ZEE TV ( samurai jack , ppg , dexter lab , Scooby Doo)

Pogo- my cable i gues didnt liked kids added it so late ..only maanged to see it in my grandmas home in another city- M.A.D show other classmates used to watch , then when added watched mirmo , hagemaru, blazing teens ( chinese show based yoyo like bitbeast power) ended up buying yoyo..film block , harry potter movie airings in holidays ..jhakaas zarrori .. then it turned into stuopid toon channel few yrs later :(

Fox kids segment on star plus- old spiderman animated series , buzz lightyear , guys go in past in carnical through boat each get powers , samurai pizza cats

Sahara one ( old ) - Just kids- cindrella anime , zorro, christopher columbus, ,,chacha choudhary , Jungle book

Hungama tv -( old )- used to air kids movies everyday , good dubbed animated series & anime- kochikame , yu gi oh, , gol gol gulam funny show , backyard science

Nick- Rugrats , Cat dog , one alien kid serial , drake n josh chibi maruko chan ( dubbing is was done so accurately used o make us interested in show) old uncensored ninja hattori & perman , reality show frget people has to cross obstacles , Avatar the last airbender

Toon disney channel- old good animated series

Star Plus- Weekend shows for kids - hatim, shararat, old sonpari shaka laka boom boom etc
Star One- Teen based shows - Miley Jab Hum Tum

Old Sab TV- Asterix used to air

Da vinci kids channel - in tata sky

Bro u miss Ultimate book of Spell

It was also telecast on SAB TV (Old)

Source

Last edited:
How come u miss DD Metro bro? Was it useful?
If You remember @Bishnu15 Dada - In 90's DD Metro really used to deliver fantastic Shows with Different Tastes and Choices. They catered every Genre to reach among larger Audiences. They started initially "Metro Hour" daily in the Evening with so many Good shows:-
1.Dekh Bhai Dekh
2.Zabaan Sambhal Ke
3.Dallass
4.Superhit Muquabla (which made Baba Sehgal famous)
5.Daily Hindi Film from NFDC library at 1.30 pm

Later on Prasad Bharati made an Agreement with Australian Broadcaster "Channel 9" to introduce various Shows under 3 hours Brand "9 Gold" Daily 7 pm to 10 pm.
Some remarkable Shows ever produced by 9 Gold for DD Metro :-
01.Zindagi Milke Bitayenge
02.Mann
03.Kundalii
04.Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Sahelii
05.Ankahi
06.Hari Mirch Laal Mirch
07.Alag Alag
08.Block Buster
09.Bol Baby Bol
10.Ena Mena Deeka
11.The Helen Show
12.Hum Bhi to Hain Tumhare
13.Hum Tum Ek Kamre Mein Bandh Ho
14.Jannat
15.Kavita
16.Khaki
17.Kuch Ret Kuch Paani
18.Mamla Gadbad Hai
19.Madhuri Magic
20.Meri Mrs.Chanchala
21.Muchh Nahin to Kuch Nahin
22.Nargis
23.Piya Binaa
24.Patang
25.Saamne Wali Khidki
26.Smriti
27.Tedhe Medhe Sapnay

Also 2 Reality Shows at that time:-
01.Price is Right
02.Shaadi No.1

●(Later on when the Contract with Channel 9 was expired then Some Memorable above mentioned Shows shifted & Re Telecasted on Star Plus / Sahara One / Imagine TV )

Bonus attraction 2 Directors Cut Films on Sat - Sun 8 pm

Also add Classic Hindi Films on Every Sat -Sun 2 pm.
And Regional Serials from 12 Noon to 2 pm.

So Yes DD Metro was Good Entertainer in those Days.

Later on DD Metro Rebranded and presented as DD News to us.

So Bapun Bhai Rightly recommended & said 👇
Yes, lots of good shows - DD team was serious in content making unlike now. It was interesting channel then, people may not like the same currently but during that era it was entertaining.

Missing those DD Analogue Hastle Free Days !!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock