Discussion Why binge+ does not support 4096x 2160 resolution?

Binge plus is capable of providing all the resolutions provided by OTT or TV channels in India...no OTT has more than 3840×2160p resolutions...
Then nothing to worry about...
Correct but 4096 will upscale the image!
There is lot of misconceptions in this forum regarding the resolutions and frequency, some people blindly support it to ignore the true facts or support their fav dth

Hd channels are broadcasted in 1080i50hz but but if you compare stb output of 1080p vs 4k , there is difference one can notice easily...even though actual resolution is 1080i the box is upscaling it to match the output ( check this difference in binge+ box). In 1080i and 1080p output there is also difference, in moving pictures/motions you will see some horizontal lines while the object is moving in 1080i but the same is smooth in 1080p just check once please if you have binge+ box or tata play hd box or dishtv

Similarly 50hz and 60hz has some visual difference, in 50hz the object movement is not smoother one can easily observe some lag while in 60hz movement is smoother just change resolution try to observe guys

Tataplay hd supports upto 1080i 60hz, but in 1080i 60hz if you see some jumps in the picture or logo..so people use 1080i 50hz..if you argue with tataplay hd users that 1080p is better , they will give bogus explanations to defend

Similarly airtel hd box supports 1080p output but frequency limited to 50hz , due to which object movement not smooth. Again if you argue with airtel users, they will defend by giving illogical explanations...

Change resolution see for yourself before proving me wrong ! 🙏

Only DishTV hd , d2h , airtel xstream and binge+ box supports 1080p 60hz output.

It's in the pot , only comes in the scoop. Indian channel broadcasters are still using 1080i HD technology. Then how can we watch the content in 1080p . Including TP I saying here @HappySoul Bro.
Bro it is the box which is upscaling or downgrading...for example if you have hd box , change resolution to 576p instantly you will notice sd channels are sharper like true 720p but simultaneously hd channels quality will reduce

First we think about HD channels in good quality. Then we ll be thought about 4096. Bro
But my point is both xstream and binge+ boxes are manufactured by same company, so why should we compromise..I don't know 4096 will increase or reduce quality, but as customer I should get the option

Finally which pic quality is better bro, Airtel 4096 or Tata play 3840? Any difference u notice?
Not used airtel xstream but at the end of the day even a blind person can say airtel sd and hd channels quality are better than tataplay ..no one from this forum can deny this fact🥲
Hd channels are more sharper, rich color in airtel

But my point is both xstream and binge+ boxes are manufactured by same company, so why should we compromise..I don't know 4096 will increase or reduce quality, but as customer I should get the option
Manufacturer same, it means they give same technology to the different providers . We both take tea or coffee at a stall. You have strong, I have medium. That like the technical side variable. Just a fun eg. Don't serious Bro.

Manufacturer same, it means they give same technology to the different providers . We both take tea or coffee at a stall. You have strong, I have medium. That like the technical side variable. Just a fun eg. Don't serious Bro.
Understood bro...but if you check past history the software updates also they were releasing for both boxes at the same time.. take this as example
If a person X is buying something from a stall, another person Y buying same item , obviously each person should expect similar service and quality for the same item

The final outcome appears different in different 4k TV sets...bcoz every TV brands upscales their incoming/input signals in different manner /types...that's y we get different picture quality in TV brands...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock