Discussion Why Tata Play doesn’t provide Live TV Channels in Tata Play Binge

• Thread starter react
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,846

react

Contributor
Reaction score
Why can't TataPlay provide the live TV channels in the TataPlay Binge App for which I have already subscribed at the NTO prices?

Whether it is through the internet or satellite, once I have subscribed to the channel, it should be accessible via all modes. TRAI regulations are not violated here, as the customer has already paid the channel amount + NFC charges for DTH.

TataPlay's website (laptop) has live channels, but not the App (TV).

SunNxt and even Zee5 have live channels without NTO prices.

It's like restricting me from withdrawing my money from the same bank branch instead of using an ATM or online transactions.

Tata Play is the only DTH providing Live TV channels via it's Tata Play App.
You can watch Live TV on mobile & laptop.

Tata Play has launched its Tata Play Binge app recently for giving OTT services to its users.

As your concern is Why Tata Play TV app has no Live TV channels. You can only access Tata Play app on Binge + STB then why would Tata Play integrate same thing in App as you can watch Live TV via STB only.
If you don't have antenna connected to your Binge Box you can watch LIVE TV using internet on your STB itself.

P.s.- Withdrawing money online or via ATM is very easy as compared to visiting branch & submit a form & wasting our time in queue.

As your concern is Why Tata Play TV app has no Live TV channels. You can only access Tata Play app on Binge + STB then why would Tata Play integrate same thing in App as you can watch Live TV via STB only.
If you don't have antenna connected to your Binge Box you can watch LIVE TV using internet on your STB itself.
I'm not using any Binge box and dont want to invest amount on hardware. Im using it through TataPlay Binge Android TV App.

Moreover the DTH channels via antenna 📡 is consumed by my parents in different city and I want to consume those via Tataplay binge OTT Android TV app. I can watch Live TV via website, but having through app will have seemless digital experience.

They are to keep both Binge and TP apps segregated, targeting different viewing preferences. Tata Play mobile app is only for TV related things and Binge app is for everything related to OTT streaming services.

They are to keep both Binge and TP apps segregated, targeting different viewing preferences. Tata Play mobile app is only for TV related things and Binge app is for everything related to OTT streaming services.
Then TataPlay mobile app should be also available in android TV right? If they have segregated. As it's available in Web and Mobile, why can't in TV

If Tataplay allows accessing all the channels subscribed on Primary Box on other TVs via App (be it in the same household or different location), then why would anyone take the secondary/multi TV connection? Loss for them...
Moreover Per NTO if I understand correctly, channels are charged per TV instead per Account/household.

Then TataPlay mobile app should be also available in android TV right? If they have segregated. As it's available in Web and Mobile, why can't in TV
Because if they start doing that, everyone will just get 1 set top box connection for the house in the living room and install the app on smart tv for the other rooms. So then no one will opt for multi stb connection and the DTH operator will lose out on that revenue. Moreover streaming live channels on big screen comes under IPTV service which has to follow the same NTO regulations laid down by TRAI and thus you would have to pay a similar subscription fee as you do on DTH, just without the NCF since you will be consuming data from your allotted broadband quota.

Yes. But that would conflict with their primary business of DTH na. If someone has an Android TV, Tata Play management would obviously want their smart TV to get Live satellite channels through Tata Play set top box not via the internet. In the end they are getting NCF and subscription charges for 1 television (big screen) only.

They have problem with Jio offering live tv channels bundle with broadband. Why would they themselves offer same?
TataPlay Binge TV app also provides Live TV channels of some FTA. It is missing all Paid channels and other FTA channels.

SunNxt also have Live TV of Sun Network free of cost (ott subscription basis, not NTO) with Dolby Vision and HDR.

Zee5 also has all Zee Network Live channels and some FTA.

If TataPlay doesn't provide Live channels, people would directly subscribe respective network OTT apps. There will not be any dependency with TataPlay.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock