Discussion Why Tata Sky never allows USB recording on SD/HD box?

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 13,778

Do you need USB recording on Tata Sky boxes?

• Total voters
Basically you want USB recorder. You can't get it with Tata Sky unless they discontine PVR. They surely fear PVR sales will go down after allowing USB recordings.
But there is a huge pricing difference. 9k for a recording set top box in the age of affordable Internet is too much to ask.

Why sudden bump old thread
I thought it's a new news

But there is a huge pricing difference. 9k for a recording set top box in the age of affordable Internet is too much to ask.
The hard disk itself takes half of the money. They can reduce the box price to 1.5k though. When Tata Sky+ HD was made, 500GB HDD was costing 3k+ i believe. Now price have come down so if they introduce 1TB DVR then it shouldn't cost double of current box.

Why sudden bump old thread
I thought it's a new news
The news was related. You would be further suprised if i made a new discussion so i made reply to existing discussion. I will update the thread title now.

The hard disk itself takes half of the money. They can reduce the box price to 1.5k though. When Tata Sky+ HD was made, 500GB HDD was costing 3k+ i believe. Now price have come down so if they introduce 1TB DVR then it shouldn't cost double of current box.
It's time for them to ditch 4k and PVR box. They need to bring android boxes with storage options. I think their deal with Amazon is stopping that from happening. Also new models doesn't have usb ports.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock