why Tatasky not adding any hindi channels

soorya_g said:
1.The category which you are talking about normally prefer cable instead of DTH.
2. For many people having a Big TV of popular brand (like Sony) with all smart features is for status like one of the furniture in the house. They pay more money for the features which they never use.
3. How many of us in this forum having latest FHD TVs have HD connection is a big question. They spend money on TVs , On BDP and BD disks but not for HD connection.
4.Watching Movies and Sports in HD gives lot of pleasure and comfort .
5. Leaving the people who still prefer Cable connection all DTH customers should opt for HD connection , but our Tatasky talks more ,advertise toomuch for HD boxes with limited HD channels (of these a very few are popular )

they are doing their marketing tricks on that. They are not forcing anyone to buy HD connection.Then why are you so much worried about that? If you don't like TATASKY , then go for other DTH with more HD channels

soorya_g said:
1.The category which you are talking about normally prefer cable instead of DTH.
2. For many people having a Big TV of popular brand (like Sony) with all smart features is for status like one of the furniture in the house. They pay more money for the features which they never use.
3. How many of us in this forum having latest FHD TVs have HD connection is a big question. They spend money on TVs , On BDP and BD disks but not for HD connection.
5. Leaving the people who still prefer Cable connection all DTH customers should opt for HD connection , but our Tatasky talks more ,advertise toomuch for HD boxes with limited HD channels (of these a very few are popular )

No Mr Soorya it also depends where are you living, now for example in India where ever you go you will mostly find CRT 21 inch flat Tv sets which are not at all comfortable for HD channels, and has you know the price of a 40 inch Led or Lcd now can a common man in India own that Tv plus do you know how costly the Hd packs are with HD setbox. Now i am living in Dubai here every were you go you will find Led or Lcd tvs even in restaurants also you will find Big 50 Inch Led or Lcd Tvs, Now getting a 40 Inch Led or Lcd Tv here in Dubai is like buying a lunch or dinner. My friend works in a Electronic Store which sells mostly Led Tvs has recently Indian Government imposed Tax on Bringing Tv sets from outside India through Airport. He told me since this Tax was imposed on Tvs his company's business have came down by 80% i was really shocked by this margin. He told me that around 30,000/- to 35,000/- Led or Lcd Tvs were daily taken from dubai to India through Airport. Now this tells you the all story why there are very few Hd channels in India compare to any other part of the world.

DishHD said:
No Mr Soorya it also depends where are you living, now for example in India where ever you go you will mostly find CRT 21 inch flat Tv sets which are not at all comfortable for HD channels, and has you know the price of a 40 inch Led or Lcd now can a common man in India own that Tv plus do you know how costly the Hd packs are with HD setbox. Now i am living in Dubai here every were you go you will find Led or Lcd tvs even in restaurants also you will find Big 50 Inch Led or Lcd Tvs, Now getting a 40 Inch Led or Lcd Tv here in Dubai is like buying a lunch or dinner. My friend works in a Electronic Store which sells mostly Led Tvs has recently Indian Government imposed Tax on Bringing Tv sets from outside India through Airport. He told me since this Tax was imposed on Tvs his company's business have came down by 80% i was really shocked by this margin. He told me that around 30,000/- to 35,000/- Led or Lcd Tvs were daily taken from dubai to India through Airport. Now this tells you the all story why there are very few Hd channels in India compare to any other part of the world.

Well said :clap
I completely agree with you. :tup

soorya_g said:

Ok lets track from the beginning & answer your query one by one.

1. I think you have little knowledge why government is forcing TV digitization ? It is not because of transmission of HD channels. Then main reasons are to free spectrum used for TV broadcasting, Transmission of large number of channels( By analog max 100 channels can be transmitted and India have 850 channels), Collect more tax(previously in analog actual subscriber base is always undeclared). Now HD is a byproduct of Digital transmission.

2. Yes many people have fancy LCD/OLED or plasma TV. But if you compare it with total number of TV household you will see their number are not too many(about 20 % max). That is why I said India is still not HD ready. It will take another 5 - 10 years.

3. Yes you are absolutely correct. Because only 40 HD channels is not worth to subscribe for higher HD package. May be you are ready to pay more but not all subscribers.

4. Yep. No doubt. :clap

5. Your idea is brilliant. :k Now suppose you own a DTH company which will only provide HD channels(No SD channels). So your target is LCD/plasma TV consumer. Now out of total 50 million(5 crore) DTH subscriber base in India how many subscriber will buy your DTH ? Lets say hardly 50 - 60 thousand. You can ask why ? Simple answer is You have max 40 HD channels( India currently have around 40 HD channels) whereas other DTH have almost 350+ channels(both SD & HD). So now you have to increase Base package as you have least no of subscriber base. Which will further decrease your subscriber base. So you see it is not practical. Have you ever noticed why HD channels have less advertisement ? Simple answer is there are not many HD subscriber.

So my friend don't think that I am against this new technology(HD). Remember HD is the future. But India is still not HD ready right now. You still have to tolerate this situation for another 5 - 10 years there is no way around.

Now why TATASKY is promoting HD as they have only few(out of 40) HD channls ? Answer is they are migrating to MPEG 4. If you have old SD MPEG 2 box then you will get SD MPEG 4 box free. But if you upgrade to HD it is not free of cost. They charge for the same. In this way upgrading to HD will recover some cost for TATASKY migration(as it is not free) process. Also after complete MPEG 4 migration they will be able to provide more (around 30+) HD channels as more space will be created by better compression.

So you have to wait few more months to get those channels on T(S.

dipayan said:
Well said :clap
I completely agree with you. :tup

Ok lets track from the beginning & answer your query one by one.

1. I think you have little knowledge why government is forcing TV digitization ? It is not because of transmission of HD channels. Then main reasons are to free spectrum used for TV broadcasting, Transmission of large number of channels( By analog max 100 channels can be transmitted and India have 850 channels), Collect more tax(previously in analog actual subscriber base is always undeclared). Now HD is a byproduct of Digital transmission.
2. Yes many people have fancy LCD/OLED or plasma TV. But if you compare it with total number of TV household you will see their number are not too many(about 20 % max). That is why I said India is still not HD ready. It will take another 5 - 10 years.

3. Yes you are absolutely correct. Because only 40 HD channels is not worth to subscribe for higher HD package. May be you are ready to pay more but not all subscribers.

4. Yep. No doubt. :clap

5. Your idea is brilliant. :k Now suppose you own a DTH company which will only provide HD channels(No SD channels). So your target is LCD/plasma TV consumer. Now out of total 50 million(5 crore) DTH subscriber base in India how many subscriber will buy your DTH ? Lets say hardly 50 - 60 thousand. You can ask why ? Simple answer is You have max 40 HD channels( India currently have around 40 HD channels) whereas other DTH have almost 350+ channels(both SD & HD). So now you have to increase Base package as you have least no of subscriber base. Which will further decrease your subscriber base. So you see it is not practical. Have you ever noticed why HD channels have less advertisement ? Simple answer is there are not many HD subscriber.

So my friend don't think that I am against this new technology(HD). Remember HD is the future. But India is still not HD ready right now. You still have to tolerate this situation for another 5 - 10 years there is no way around.

Now why TATASKY is promoting HD as they have only few(out of 40) HD channls ? Answer is they are migrating to MPEG 4. If you have old SD MPEG 2 box then you will get SD MPEG 4 box free. But if you upgrade to HD it is not free of cost. They charge for the same. In this way upgrading to HD will recover some cost for TATASKY migration(as it is not free) process. Also after complete MPEG 4 migration they will be able to provide more (around 30+) HD channels as more space will be created by better compression.

So you have to wait few more months to get those channels on T(S.
Your comment for my point No1 is irrelevant whether I have a little knowledge or no knowledge about Digitization or spectrum. All these days I was under the impression that the process has been started by TRAI with the Delhi High Court Judgement on CAS. My discussion was confined to HD cahnnels in DTH ( The category which you are talking about normally prefer cable instead of DTH.)
Point No:5 No comment .Better watch TS advertisement for HT STB. Is it not a misleading advt. ? Simply by having HD STB of TS , can the viewers over come the problem of picture stretch? How is it possible for SD channels?

Finally please understand that my intention/demand is TS should increase the number of HD channels and not that all channels should be in HD but being a market leader it should match with other DTH providers.

soorya_g said:
Your comment for my point No1 is irrelevant whether I have a little knowledge or no knowledge about Digitization or spectrum. All these days I was under the impression that the process has been started by TRAI with the Delhi High Court Judgement on CAS. My discussion was confined to HD cahnnels in DTH ( The category which you are talking about normally prefer cable instead of DTH.)
Point No:5 No comment .Better watch TS advertisement for HT STB. Is it not a misleading advt. ? Simply by having HD STB of TS , can the viewers over come the problem of picture stretch? How is it possible for SD channels?

Finally please understand that my intention/demand is TS should increase the number of HD channels and not that all channels should be in HD but being a market leader it should match with other DTH providers.

First of all, Sorry if I hurt you. My intention was not that.

I have written point No. 5 because earlier you said "DTH customers should opt for HD connection". That is not the case as lots of poor and lower middle class people( who cannot simply buy Rs 30000/- LCD TV ) have DTH connection (even HD STB connected with CRT) in their home. You know why ? Because there is no cable connection within 100 Km range. DTH is the only way to go. And I have shown you in point 5 that for it is not practical right now for DTH business as well. It will take some time for HD transmission to become mainstream.

Yes I have also seen the add and it is misleading.

Now let TATASKY finish migration first only then we can hope for HD channel addition.

dipayan said:
First of all, Sorry if I hurt you. My intention was not that.

I have written point No. 5 because earlier you said "DTH customers should opt for HD connection". That is not the case as lots of poor and lower middle class people( who cannot simply buy Rs 30000/- LCD TV ) have DTH connection (even HD STB connected with CRT) in their home. You know why ? Because there is no cable connection within 100 Km range. DTH is the only way to go. And I have shown you in point 5 that for it is not practical right now for DTH business as well. It will take some time for HD transmission to become mainstream.

Yes I have also seen the add and it is misleading.

Now let TATASKY finish migration first only then we can hope for HD channel addition.

I appreciate your response and flexibility

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock