Will SCV add any new channels in analog or digital??

• Thread starter Thread starter Satvijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 43,634
HOUSE-MD said:
SCV is currently,

1: Taking control of all the prime band channels.
2: Removed STB Ad from analogue.
3: Changed DAS PDF model without much changes to packages.

Any update from your LCO on the recent happenings at SCV?

Someone close to the LCO's should have some details, hope we hear from them soon.

can someone explain what is the prime band about. can the LCO not add channels in all the other bands?? when scv can distribute in non prime band why not our LCO??? can someone explain the technicalities. MY lco gives his own channels even in the non prime band.

what does stb ad means to us.... they will give ads or they will remove as they wish... even some years ago they were airing suryan fm ad and it was removed later ... what does it mean suryan fm is no more part of sun network... what is that you are trying to infer here.

whether its pdf or word the channel list is the same.what abt that??

Satvijay said:
can someone explain what is the prime band about. can the LCO not add channels in all the other bands?? when scv can distribute in non prime band why not our LCO??? can someone explain the technicalities. MY lco gives his own channels even in the non prime band.

what does stb ad means to us.... they will give ads or they will remove as they wish... even some years ago they were airing suryan fm ad and it was removed later ... what does it mean suryan fm is no more part of sun network... what is that you are trying to infer here.

Well, no MSO would make frequent changes to channel locations and SCV has done that and sure they would be a good reason behind their recent actions.

Nopes, with DAS being done forcibly by TRAI an MSO such as SCV wont stop the push to DAS with an Ad and last time we had changes to STB Ad the entire Chennai lost analogue for over 12 hours.

Either STB price is changing or a new package is being introduced to make DAS more attractive or analogue is going to be taken off otherwise they wouldn't have removed the STB AD.

Definitely something is happening at SCV end and sure some or most LCO's would be aware of it, so someone close to LCO's can help us know the exact reasons behind their recent move.

Satvijay said:

LCOs can add channels at any place as of my point of view.
But most tv sets and old tv sets will have prime band only and UHF band will not be there and also the clearty wise UHF band is not good..
So LCOs will add channels in the prime bands. Even before CAS came into chennai, LCOs gives signals for the UHF band channels in prime band (1 or 2 channels , especially in the cricket channels),

For longtime scv knows most or all LCOs showing the cricket channels thru STB in the Analog , now only SCV trying to stop LCOs showing the cricket channels. LCOs showing cricket channels , stopping customer to move to DTH , SCV too have same intention till now. Now SCV stopping those activities looks it forces ppl to buy STB or move to some other DTH. LCOs getting more and more frutrated because of SCV's this message, as they only directly getting affected .
My Area ppls not giving subscription properly and scolding him to show PT, polimer, tensports and cricket channels at all time.

Ya,, Changing PDF color, and look not much take difference. If from tomorrow again scv starts showing the ad means , there in nothing we need to discuss here..:(

sathishbabu4u said:
LCOs can add channels at any place as of my point of view.
But most tv sets and old tv sets will have prime band only and UHF band will not be there and also the clearty wise UHF band is not good..
So LCOs will add channels in the prime bands. Even before CAS came into chennai, LCOs gives signals for the UHF band channels in prime band (1 or 2 channels , especially in the cricket channels),

For longtime scv knows most or all LCOs showing the cricket channels thru STB in the Analog , now only SCV trying to stop LCOs showing the cricket channels. LCOs showing cricket channels , stopping customer to move to DTH , SCV too have same intention till now. Now SCV stopping those activities looks it forces ppl to buy STB or move to some other DTH. LCOs getting more and more frutrated because of SCV's this message, as they only directly getting affected .
My Area ppls not giving subscription properly and scolding him to show PT, polimer, tensports and cricket channels at all time.

Ya,, Changing PDF color, and look not much take difference. If from tomorrow again scv starts showing the ad means , there in nothing we need to discuss here..:(

as far i know.. there are lots of space in the S band which is empty and can be used by LCO to add in more channels. Most of the TV sets i know are s band compatible even i remember i upgraded my tv with a s band tuner few years ago. many channels were removed during the Trai rule of no analog where there were a lots of telugu channels and malayalam channels in the s band which can be used by the LCO to air additional channnels, there is no point in saying scv doing this and that. SCV was always doing this nonsense of moving channels around as and when needed for years. there is nothing new that SCV is blocking prime bands etc. They always do this with any channel other than sun network channels. there is nothing new or fishy here. :huh

Satvijay said:
as far i know.. there are lots of space in the S band which is empty and can be used by LCO to add in more channels. Most of the TV sets i know are s band compatible even i remember i upgraded my tv with a s band tuner few years ago. many channels were removed during the Trai rule of no analog where there were a lots of telugu channels and malayalam channels in the s band which can be used by the LCO to air additional channnels, there is no point in saying scv doing this and that. SCV was always doing this nonsense of moving channels around as and when needed for years. there is nothing new that SCV is blocking prime bands etc. They always do this with any channel other than sun network channels. there is nothing new or fishy here. :huh

There is space after Jaya Max channel in the S band, but the info from my LCO i got is , that is reserved for digital channels thru STB.
my LCO told this, as SCV blocking not to show pay channels, as my lco showing cricket by removing the DD national channel.

Let's see , how long trai allows SCV's analog signal in chennai. where as most of PHASE II digilization cities moving towards digital feed alone.
some how SCV able to drag any case for long time. I hope removal of CAS system in chennai case is still going on in Madras HC (from 2006 onwards)..

sathishbabu4u said:
Let's see , how long trai allows SCV's analog signal in chennai. where as most of PHASE II digilization cities moving towards digital feed alone.
some how SCV able to drag any case for long time. I hope removal of CAS system in chennai case is still going on in Madras HC (from 2006 onwards)..

To end CAS in Chennai either TRAI (currently under the central Govt) or the State Govt (seems to be a strong supporter of the Monopoly in all ways otherwise how come someone rule the city without the support of the ruling power) should file a case to force the Chennai cable Monopoly to do DAS and stop CAS.

So TRAI cant do anything with both the state and the central government strongly supporting SCV.

May be Chennai will be in Analogue for another 3 years (already 1 year gone with other metros implementing DAS and Chennai doesn't seem to care) and if there is a change in the state election then SCV might distribute free STB with cheaper DAS packages (still no PT or other competitors channels) and Chennai would become 100% DAS city.

Or if the people or the LCO's demand strongly for Arasu then the monopoly would be gone and Arasu would take control of Chennai (that too only if Arasu wants to serve Chennai otherwise it may still continue to support its partner in Chennai).

So by 2014 (LS Election) or 2016 (TN State assembly election) some one has to take complete control of Chennai cable network and either SCV or Arasu (already no where in Chennai) would be gone. The Chennai people have no choice but to just wait and watch what happens and who wins.

election2014.jpg
ballotbox.jpg

sathishbabu4u said:
There is space after Jaya Max channel in the S band, but the info from my LCO i got is , that is reserved for digital channels thru STB.
my LCO told this, as SCV blocking not to show pay channels, as my lco showing cricket by removing the DD national channel.

Is that mean both Analogue and Digital Channels will be available soon.

Can Someone using SCV analog, give the list of channels available on SCV from first till kalaignar news. All of the channels before that are given by my LCO.i get around 5 -6 channels

Back
Top Bottom