Seeking Help Wrong NCF charged (176 instead of 154 for 95 channels)

vjjustin

Reaction score
I selected 95 channels (inclulding mandatory dd channels), but when checking price breakup (in site), the ncf component shows as 176 instead of 154. Is anyone else has this issue?

When called customercare, the guy said, HD channels will be counted as two :). I asked to speak with manager and manager asked to send an email with screenshot.
I am not sure any action will be taken, any help from here? can anyone check?

I selected 95 channels (inclulding mandatory dd channels), but when checking price breakup (in site), the ncf component shows as 176 instead of 154. Is anyone else has this issue?

When called customercare, the guy said, HD channels will be counted as two :). I asked to speak with manager and manager asked to send an email with screenshot.
Have you take any hd channel so how many is sd and hd channel you have taken if suppose you have 99 sd but even 1hd will take you channel count to 101 so after 100 you will be charge 20 extra ncf for upto 25 and so on it will add ncf if your channel count increase the slot.

CC is right, 1 HD ch = 2 SD ch in NCF calculation
CC is right as per the rule but i didnt understand the funda of this why they make 1hd equal to 2sd when you are bringing channel into mrp and mrp is set by broadcaster and almost kept at highest price bracket then whole concept of mrp is wrong.....its mean a branded product with mrp of 1 will be sold at 2 bcoz branded have premium and non branded will be sold at mrp. Trai made rule like a share market where share fetch premium and so face value will be only for accounting purposed. After sometime channel will be traded on intra-day basis.

CC is right as per the rule but i didnt understand the funda of this why they make 1hd equal to 2sd when you are bringing channel into mrp and mrp is set by broadcaster and almost kept at highest price bracket then whole concept of mrp is wrong.....its mean a branded product with mrp of 1 will be sold at 2 bcoz branded have premium and non branded will be sold at mrp. Trai made rule like a share market where share fetch premium and so face value will be only for accounting purposed. After sometime channel will be traded on intra-day basis.

1 HD = 2SD because 1 HD stream takes 2 times more bandwidth than SD stream.

NCF money is going to DTH/cable whereas Pay ch revenue is going to Broadcaster. It's like Broadband subscription cost goes to ISP like BSNL whereas Netflix/Amazonprime/Hotstar suscription cost set at MRP is extra and goes to that company.

1 HD = 2SD because 1 HD stream takes 2 times more bandwidth than SD stream.

NCF money is going to DTH/cable whereas Pay ch revenue is going to Broadcaster. It's like Broadband subscription cost goes to ISP like BSNL whereas Netflix/Amazonprime/Hotstar suscription cost set at MRP is extra and goes to that company.
Its not about bandwidth but technically yes but the whole concept was who we can increase revenue for NCF if its comsume more bandwidth then why trai allow sd channel to be at maximum price they could had made sd to be price maximum 10-15 bracket or had hd channel max in 19-25 bracket.Its loot in the name of NCF.

Its not about bandwidth but technically yes but the whole concept was who we can increase revenue for NCF if its comsume more bandwidth then why trai allow sd channel to be at maximum price they could had made sd to be price maximum 10-15 bracket or had hd channel max in 19-25 bracket.Its loot in the name of NCF.

Two things to remember here. First Ealier price limit of a channel was set at Rs 15+tax which was a decade ago. so a broadcaster cound not charge more than that price even though DTH was charging Rs 100 for it. So product pricing is done by a person who did not produce it.

Secondly there is no price limit in new regime, as TRAI removed that Rs 15+tax cap limit. So if you fix the Ch price you are ultimately fixing revenue for broadcaster which will in return put the salary cap of MS Dhoni/Viat Kohli as well as artists.

So now broadcaster are free to charge anything and so we have a NHK channel whose price is Rs 1,800+GST. And market force will determine how much salary they will get. So if people stop following them then Virat will get less than 19 crore but if people continue to follow them despite high TV subscription then Virat's salary will go up to 25 crore in next auction

Holy sh#t!!!
I have 20 HD channels. I understand bandwidth takes double but probably time to say good buy to cable TV?
I had Max HD with all hd channels at 325 and now just 20 HD channels (with half of my favourite channels are not selected) cost more than that.
At least they shouldn't have counted DD channels. 25 DD channels are absolutely stupid.

Considering TataSky offers 100 channels (?) apart from dd and more HD channels available , may be time to move to TATA.

Even I am facing the same issue. Totally added 85 Channels (11 HD & 74 SD Channels).... If I try to add any new SD channel in myairtel site or mobile app, ncf getting increase to 176. I reported the issue to CC, they mentioned they will be arranging call back from respective team for the issue. Also CC guy have added those channels from the backend system without increase in NCF.. I guess it's bug on the system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock