Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 308,977
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK to make profits they have merged, debts means zee lost money so merged to make money before they sink
Sony was also sinking in movies section
How was Sony ever sinking ship even in movie genre? They had South Dubbed Movies which I also hated. But these draw ratings and earned them number #1 slot.

Meanwhile the only lose lose situation I see is them not aggressively bidding for IPL. Last time also they bought out Zee Network's sports channels which is when they lost IPL rights. Maybe because of huge capital invested in acquiring a whole set of new channels.

Ok what about channel packs/bouquets from merged entity
This has to depend upon the terms and approval by mib or trai, I guess.

It seems like both SPNI , and SPNI controlled ZeeL will work as different entities. Technically two different companies controlled by a single conglomerate. As these are two different companies, it's quite hard to guess how will trai or mib respond. But I assume that packaging channels together will help them a lot. My guess that Sony's regional sports expansion is based on assumption that there will be a single packaging of channels from two companies. Let's see. We'll get an answer in next 90 days.

Last edited:
This has to depend upon the terms and approval by mib or trai, I guess.

It seems like both SPNI , and SPNI controlled ZeeL will work as different entities. Technically two different companies controlled by a single conglomerate. As these are two different companies, it's quite hard to guess how will trai or mib respond. But I assume that packaging channels together will help them a lot. My guess that Sony's regional sports expansion is based on assumption that there will be a single packaging of channels from two companies. Let's see. We'll get an answer in next 90 days.
I actually think that they will package their all channels together but will work as different entity

Evn star-disney also packaged their channels together na so they will also do the same but it will take little bit time

Last edited:
I actually think that they will oackage thei all channels together but will work as different entity
Evn star-disney also packaged their channels together na so they will also do the same but it will take little bit time
Star and Disney's channels quantity were far less. And Star didn't had music and kids channels. Here you got 4 Hindi GECs itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock