Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 309,091
Status
Not open for further replies.
0KJ5tlx.jpg
So Sony will bring more Games & Sports channels as per this report 😳😊

Star and Disney's channels quantity were far less. And Star didn't had music and kids channels. Here you got 4 Hindi GECs itself.
Actually star-disney channels quantity is almost equal to the sony-zee. Instead of that u should have said that "Disney's no of channels were very less (10)"

But here both have almost equal no. Of channels with each of them.

But still i dont think their will be any problem to combined package for zee-sony

They can work on it as it will be profitable for them

Last edited:
Zee Tamil has drastically reduced dubbing, so no. But, we can expect remakes of fictions and big budget reality shows. Signs are already visible— zee Tamil launched survivor in Tamil.

Don't forget, Sony is pumping 11,000 crore into Zeel. Even there's a chance of Zee Tamil acquiring Bigg Boss next year. Let's wait and watch.
Yeah we can expect big budget shows on all regional channels now. Sony is very enthusiastic about it. Even on sony marathi which is not providing good ratings they are launching good shows.

They'll research about all missing stuff in each genre. Be it movies on Bangla, telugu, tamil, malayalam channels. Or better shows on Zee marathi, etc.

On the other hand I doubt about bigg boss on Zee tamil. STAR won't let it go off easily also Viacom18 will be in race. But there are hopes.

How was Sony ever sinking ship even in movie genre? They had South Dubbed Movies which I also hated. But these draw ratings and earned them number #1 slot.
Sony Max was struggling badly and conceded its No. 1 spot to Star Gold a long time ago. Star Gold has a much superior schedule. In SPN only Sony Wah is doing somewhat okay and they don’t have many movie channels. Now that number will drastically increase and hopefully Sony Max can be less reliant on dubbed South movies.
@Saichaitanya4496 @Abhinav842 @JollyLNB @Basil Bros. Can you tell us if regulatory boards have approved of this merger?
I am just a news writer who writes on the basis of existing facts in the forum. Only the other three have access to press releases and corporate statements. So only they can clarify it.

Last edited:
I expect following channels to close
&TV, &FLIX, &Xplor, A possible rebrand of &Pictures.

Sony Marathi or/and Zee yuva, Sony Aath.

Sony wah/ZAC, Sony pal/Zee Anmol

Big magic can be turned into kids FTA movie channel. Sony Yay shows can help.

Zing can be rebranded as complete music channel.

Zee action

Zee Cafe may go digital.

Most beneficial will be end of crap ZEE5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock