Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 309,093
Status
Not open for further replies.
A possible rebrand of &Pictures.
Last year itself &pictures rebranded.
Sony wah/ZAC, Sony pal/Zee Anmol
Ideally they should not close as they provide important movie options on DDFD, but Sony Max 2 and Zee Classic can be merged into one and Zee Action should shut down. If I had to pick, Sony Wah should shut down.
Big magic can be turned into kids FTA movie channel. Sony Yay shows can help.

Zing can be rebranded as complete music channel.

Zee action

Zee Cafe may go digital.
All are unlikely except Zee Action. Zing should change its logo now as it’s the old Zee logo style. Big Magic may rebrand to Zee Magic.

Last year itself &picturess rebranded.
A complete rebrand with renaming channel. Not just a look change.
Sony Liv ain't any better either. They need to start fresh with a new OTT service.
Atleast their UI is better & user friendly than ZEE5. ZEE5 UI is pretty Mess. No easy navigation.

Godd news, Zee5 may be not there and Sony LIV will be only seen in coming months with all contents merging
I have zee5 subscription what about that?
Will i have to pay again for Sony Liv?

@Saichaitanya4496 @Abhinav842 @JollyLNB @Basil Bros. Can you tell us if regulatory boards have approved of this merger?
No it hasn't gone to that stage yet... The deal is still pending for Zee Shareholders approval as well.., only Zee Board of Directors has approved of it...

Also, imo they could face some challenges as they are doing an horizontal merger here and could effect CCI approvals which can result in CCI asking the combined entity to divest some of the assets that are in competition..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock