Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views Views: Views 310,248
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can't predict future. But I don't think there will be any monopoly in sports sector. You got 3 big player. Discovery also has potential to be a big broadcaster. I don't see one broadcaster having every cricketing event in the future.
They already having international tour broadcast, test. After IPL they left with only few for others.

No one can't predict future. But I don't think there will be any monopoly in sports sector. You got 3 big player. Discovery also has potential to be a big broadcaster. I don't see one broadcaster having every cricketing event in the future.

Bro! Listen, I'm Serious

Ambani Wants IPL Rights, He Wants Means He Will Get It

Along With This Either BCCI Rights Or ICC Rights He Is Eying!

They Had Started Ground Work For The Same.

So tug of War between them
Looks like 2 combined giants will win against 1 giant
Let's see how much abani will loose his money to get ipl

Ground work also started by 2 giants from yesterday

I want IPL on Max, deewana nahi pagal hi bana de zee ke saath

I forgot star is also there :LOL:

Last edited:
Yes Zee Marathi and Sony Marathi both will share their movies in their channels.
Zee Marathi has highest movie collection in Marathi, Sony Marathi has only countable 150-200 movies but good movies.
Sony Marathi is good in acquisition of movies so let's see after deal what will happen with Zee Marathi.....

Bro! Listen, I'm Serious

Ambani Wants IPL Rights, He Wants Means He Will Get It

Along With This Either BCCI Rights Or ICC Rights He Is Eying!

They Had Started Ground Work For The Same.
This ambani 😡 everything he wants! Aree atleast leave IPL with Star Network i watch only IPL from Star Sports 😂.

Last edited:
Sports will continue to be one of the most important verticals for the combined group entity as Sony has been entrenched in that vertical for more than a decade.

"If Sony LIV makes Rs 150-160 crore out of that about 70 percent is sports. Compare this number to Rs 800 crore that (Dinsey+) Hotstar makes on the AVOD (advertising video-on-demand) side. Out of this, IPL alone is Rs 500-600 crore and other sporting properties is around Rs 200-300 crore. So, it is 7x of what Sony would make."

He added that it is cricket that is in the commanding position here as around 80 percent of the spending is cricket-led.

Even Sony used to attract strong ad dollars when the network had the rights of IPL.
Sony had registered around Rs 1,300 crore in ad revenues during the 10th edition of IPL.

To bridge this gap, it is expected that the merged entity will make big investments in sports especially with Sony bringing in $1.57 billion.

I guess Sony Pictures Network will not get rid of any ZEE brand, will carry all entities in very smart way.
They might start with baby steps by merging OTT together ZEE5 will merge in SONY LIV. But, sadly both OTT need to get good technician for their new app. Because, both lags a lot 😜
SONY brand for high-end audience which includes Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony Marathi, Sony Aath, etc
ZEE brand for melodrama watching audience which includes ZEE TV, ZEE NEWS and ZEE regional based GEC and News offerings.
& brand for English and foreign content & flix, & Pix, & Café, & Studios (rename SONY PIX, ZEE Café and ZEE Studios)
TEN brand for Sports
MAX brand for movies MAX, MAX 2, MAX CINEMA, MAX CLASSIC, MAX BOLLYWOOD, MAX ACTION and others
Anmol brand for re-run GEC Anmol and Anmol Pal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom