Seeking Help Zing set top box setup on DD free dish direction related query

achal12

Reaction score
Hello, I use DD Free dish box, but by seeing ZING FTA posts on youtube and other forums, I brought ZING FTA box @ Rs. 1535. In youtube videos it was shown that by using DD free dish signal direction, we could watch Zing set top box channels too.
My DD free dish signal is 75% but Zing set top box recieves 0 signal. Is the Zing box I received faulty or I have to separately move my antenna in different direction?
I wanted to use same antenna to run DD free dish and Zing set top box so to see different channels on them and compare quality by using signal splitter.

@Akinator69 @Shark I got signal on both, some channels are shown on Zing as DD free Dish. I still don't receive signals on some transponders, so I don't get free channels available on them, maybe I will sort it out afterwards.
Thank You @Akinator69 @Shark @balugudidiot @Nileshkumar @stiwari for participating in discussion and providing valuable information.

As you saying that you have a MPEG-4 set top box. Then edit you satellite settings and insert a new TP 12688 V 27500. And then check signals and do a channel scan, if you getting channels like 'Dish Buzz' then it means no problem in your dish antenna. And even if you have a MPEG-2 box then you should do a Auto scan with 22K on, then if you getting 2 dish tv channels from TP 12688 H 27500. Then your antenna is fine. If you not getting signals then you can also track dish tv signals by this method.
@ACHAL follow this....no need to get panic/disappointment

U just need to confirm zing home tp 12688 V(i think) getting enough signal or not with ur FTA box and if u r getting,then connect zing box it should find signal and update ota...i suggest you to not to use any until completing initial setup

@Akinator69 @Shark I got signal on both, some channels are shown on Zing as DD free Dish. I still don't receive signals on some transponders, so I don't get free channels available on them, maybe I will sort it out afterwards.
Thank You @Akinator69 @Shark @balugudidiot @Nileshkumar @stiwari for participating in discussion and providing valuable information.
Great now you just need to fine tune to get same signal quality on both the tps
1. Get signal on Free dish TP: 11090 V 29500
2. Adjust to slight left Dish tv TP: 12688 V 27500
Keep dish tv signal quality little bit high compared to free dish to enjoy all the channels.
Follow this link DishTV & DD Free Dish Signal Setting | DishTV ke Signal kaise milate hai | all Dish Info

Last edited:
If your antenna setup is more than 10 years old, it is very difficult to catch all the transponders. You can catch strong TP like Home, 2, 4, 7, 12 etc. It is very difficult to catch TP3 (Sony Pal, Zee Anmol) on older setups.

Go for Dish TV original. eliptical black dish,call Dish TV service technician he will charge Rs200 to 250 your problem will solve,they have meters to check sattelite signals

UPDATE:

Initially, my signal quality in Free Dish : 75%, in Zing FTA : 60%. I was not getting some entertainment channels like Sony Pal, Zee anmol, Star sports, 6 out of 26 transponders were not recieving signal. All other transponders ~60%signal.

After resetting dish antenna:

Now, my signal quality: DD free dish: 34%, Zing Fta :75%. Now, I don't get PM Evidya, Vande Gujarat, Digishala channels and some entertainment channels, but I got Sony Pal, Zee anmol, Star sports.
10 out of 26 transponders don't get signal. Other transponders have 50%-75% signals.
Transponders with 50% signals have poorer picture quality

I guess, I will have to set it to >80% signal to receive all transponders. But I also want my Free Dish to receive signal, as DD sports only shows live match feed on Free dish.

Is multi lnb a good option?
Product : Buy Solid FS-135 Multi Satellite Ku-Band DTH LNB
youtube link :
Will it receive 100% signals from both satellites? In product specs they mention 3-10 degree range. However, satellites of free dish is 93.5 and Zing at 95 : meaning only 1.5 degree difference.
@Akinator69 @balugudidiot @Shark

Last edited:
No..
UPDATE:

Initially, my signal quality in Free Dish : 75%, in Zing FTA : 60%. I was not getting some entertainment channels like Sony Pal, Zee anmol, Star sports, 6 out of 26 transponders were not recieving signal. All other transponders ~60%signal.

Now, my signal quality: DD free dish: 34%, Zing Fta :75%. Now, I don't get PM Evidya, Vande Gujarat, Digishala channels and some entertainment channels, but I got Sony Pal, Zee anmol, Star sports.
10 out of 26 transponders don't get signal. Other transponders have 50%-75% signals.

I guess, I will have to set it to >80% signal to receive all transponders. But I also want my Free Dish to receive signal, as DD sports only shows live match feed on Free dish.

youtube link :
Will it receive 100% signals from both satellites? In product specs they mention 3-10 degree range. However, satellites of free dish is 93.5 and Zing at 95 : meaning only 1.5 degree difference.
No

Change your LNB to Universal One To Like Airtel LNB or tata play LNB.. this dual LNB will not solve your problem.. Rather I'll suggest connect to a local technician ask him to bring a tata or Airtel LNB.. he'll fix it on a better setup..or You can raise a service request in dihstv for same too

UPDATE:

youtube link :
No need just use existing lnb or replace it with universal lnb which costs around 100rs.
Try getting 65% or 75% on both TPs its enough.

Dont panic bros i m using dishtv and dd free dish with 1 dish antenna and dual output tataplay lnb i m getting all tp dish tv 85 % dd free dish 75% signal
Proper installation is need to receive good signal

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock