Public broadcaster Prasar Bharati run Direct to Home (DTH) operator DD Free Dish is now offering more than a hundred Free to Air (FTA) channels for its viewers. The increase in its offerings happened earlier this month.
The DTH operator on 1st December added 8 new FTA channels which had landed MPEG 2 slots on pro-rata basis till the next auction is held. The 8 FTA channels added were Shemaaro Marathibana (MR TV), Zee Biskope, Zee Punjabi, ABZY Cool, TV9 Bharatvarsh, ABP Ganga, Showbox and I Love.
DD Free Dish is now offering 7 General Entertainment, 11 Movies, 8 Music, 23 News, 24 Regional, 2 Sports, 2 HD, 11 DD State, and 2 Foreign channel. 102 Free to Air channels are being offered in total.
- Foreign (2) BTV and KBS World
- DD State (11) DD Imphal, DD Shillong, DD Aizawl, DD Agartala, DD Kohima, DD Hisar, DD Ranchi, DD Shimla, DD Dehradun, DD Raipur, and DD Goa
- HD (2) DD National and DD News
- Sports (2) DD Sports and Star Sports First
- Devotional (7) Aastha, Sadhna Bhakti, Sanskar, Aastha Bhajan, Satsang, Arihant and Vedic
- Bhojpuri (5) B4U Bhojpuri, Big Ganga, Dabangg, Bhojpuri Cinema and Zee Biskope
- General Entertainment (7) DD National, DD Bharti, DD Urdu, DD Kisan, Dangal, Big Magic and Manoranjan Grand
- Hindi Movies (11) Indian Fashion TV, Maha Movies, B4U Movies, Manoranjan TV, B4U Kadak, ABZY Movies, NT8, Enterr10, Zingaat, ABZY Cool, and ABZY Dhakad
- Music (8) Sony Mix, B4U Music, Zing, MTV Beats, Mastii, 9XM, Showbox, and I Love Pen Studios
- News (24) DD News, Lok Sabha TV, Rajya Sabha TV, DD India, India News, NDTV India, Republic TV Bharat, Zee News, ABP News, News18 India, Aaj Tak, Tez, India TV, Surya Samachar, News18 Rajasthan, News24, News18 UP/UK, News Nation, News State UP/UK, Zee Hindustan, ABP Ganga, Aryan TV National, and TV9 Bharatvarsh
- Regional (23) DD Rajasthan, DD Oriya, DD Podhigai, DD Sahaydari, DD Yadagiri, DD Malayalam, DD Bihar, DD North East, DD UP, DD Saptgiri, DD MP, DD Arun Prabha, DD Bangla, DD Chandana, DD Girnar, DD Kashir, Manoranjan Movies, Fakt Marathi, T TV, Chardikla Time TV, Enterr 10 Bangla, Shemaroo Marathibana and Zee Punjabi
The state-run DTH operator is a fantastic option for those viewers who wish to view TV free of cost. The large subscriber base continues to attract broadcasters with Zee launching its two upcoming channels Zee Biskope and Zee Punjabi on DD Free Dish. However, the service provider currently remains only preferable for viewers in the Hindi heartland and North India with other regional broadcasters not participating in E-Auction leading to less regional channels and more Hindi channels.