Awesome Videocon DTH!!!

• Thread starter shacks
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 6,546

shacks

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently purchased a samsung plasma 51 inch t.v, which was connected to a local digital cablewallah, the video quality was obviously average, this is when my search for a dth began, spoke to friends, online forum sites, and finally shorlisted 3 Dth services, those were

1) Dish T.V
2) Tata Sky
3) Airtel

Yes, videocon was no where in sight while shortlisting, due to many factors...first thing, i never felt
it was a big brand, since i am a large brand conscious, second, it was just new in the dth platform.

**Here we go, break open Dish DTH**

pay 2290 and get dish truHD Connection +1 month HD pack

I looked at the package 'HD Royale Pack' for rs 560, includes 325 +channels with 40 HD Channels

Wow!! everything u would ask for, like always all that glitters is not gold... broke my heart
when i closely looked at the Hd Channels especially STAR CRICKET HD, ESPN HD, STAR MOVIES HD,
STAR GOLD HD & finally STAR WORLD HD missing in the HD royale package.

It was obvious, the above HD channels belong to Star network, and its a rival to dish network, the war is ON and the customer has to suffer.

I cannot accept this, when u pay rs 560 and get upscaled HD channels like axn, hbo,warner bros,mtv and many other channels as HD, the real HD channels are only 20 currently in india. the truth was exposed, had to drop Dish DTH. my advice, please stop this rivalry.

**Now, Here we go, break open TATA SKY DTH**

Tata Sky HD DTH RS 2709 incluses set top box, and 2 months waiver on HD Access Fee
I included base pack 'grand sports' for rs 410 p.m and rs 100 mandatory for HD access

which gives 121 SD channels and only 11 HD channels

so for total rs 410 grand sports package + rs 100 for HD access= 510
i get only 121 SD channels and only 11 HD channels

Hmm..my greedness for more channels came better off and i had to drop them.
I heard from many the customer service is good on this, but the ease of packages
is confusing and expensive.

**Now, Here we go, break open AIRTEL DTH**

Hd set top box for Rs. 2940 with cashback worth 250 and one month free subscription

I looked at magnum pack with 248 channels@ rs 590/month with 15 Hd channels

Here too, like tata sky the channels were less and the cost was huge.
the advantages are very good picture quality, they use mpeg-4 unlike
dish & tatasky who are on mpeg 2.

The other thing that pulled me was abou the airtel set top box, heard many complaints
about the set top box getting reset every now and then and bad customer support, totally ignorant of the customers needs or a basic understanding.

Here too, the airtel site was slow, as if the design and development of the airtel site was
done by newbies, its pathetic and confusing to browse the website.
My advice, you are #1 in mobile service.. pay more and get a good looking design for your customers.

Here u go, i was now confused many things criss crossing.

Then i looked at reliance DTH, turned down immediately due to many bad reviews on the forums and big logos of big tv on the screen and all the channels being upscaled and less Hd channels.

**Now, Here we go, break open VIDEOCON DTH**

Then one moment tried videocon DTH website, the site was interactive, easy to move around, it got my attention.

Chose HD digital set top box product the price was rs 2890 with rs 400 cashback & one month free subcription. ( Now, it is evemn nore cheaper Just rs 2190, with 2 months subscription, 6 Months d2h Cinema Free and rs 2250 freebies from yebhi.com)

I looked at the packages, wow!!! it blew me over it was so easily setup even my grandma would have
loved it.

I looked at Platinum HD pack, 388 channels & 22 Asli channels + 20 FM Channels..my eyes were popping as if i met an celebrity.

How come 22 Hd Channels, this was the only dth which was giving 3d HD channel with Ten HD, Sony Six HD,UTV Star HD and couple of other Hd channels.. so after some researching i agreed this were true or ASLI channels.

The package channels were properly laid open, the North india package was 462, while south india was 442.

Awesome pricing, Awesome picture quality...

Now how about the service, the forums mentioned good customer service, so i personally called videocon customer care , enquired about the service, installation and tried irritating the guy, he showed patience and guided me. he just asked me to book online and the installation will be done on the same day. what!!!

Yes, booked online from office @ 12 p.m , and in the evening by 5 p.m was at my residence, he quickly setup the the dish and it was set within 30 minutes.

The picture quality on HD was just awesome,much better than other dth, the remote was well designed and it was easy to move around.

I am jusy enjoying the videocon from one month, i must say iam proud with my decision.

More channels less price.. nothing to be sacrificed or compromised...

Nice share @shacks.

Can you please upload some images of the HD picture quality (in a plasma TV) for others to see as well. Also please share why you bought a Plasma TV when most people opt for an LED one?

Congrats Bro!

Come And Join D2H HD Family In DDF

Congrats Broo In D2h Club
We are also enjoying Most HD channels in cheaper rates

why have you posted two threads for the same... :no dont post multiple threads for same topic ;)

Link Removed
Link Removed

mmadhankumar said:
why have you posted two threads for the same... :no dont post multiple threads for same topic ;)

Link Removed
Link Removed

madan,i have already posted a mil to 'INDIANMASCOT' moderator, to delete my article on the videocon d2h board and not on the dth board.
i added on both 'cause this thread 'videocon d2h' specific and the other was for the general public.

thanx

shacks said:
mmadhankumar said:

Link Removed
Link Removed

madan,i have already posted a mil to 'INDIANMASCOT' moderator, to delete my article on the videocon d2h board and not on the dth board.
i added on both 'cause this thread 'videocon d2h' specific and the other was for the general public.

thanx

What???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock