Discussion Marvel HQ is launching on 20th January replacing Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture taken from live tv streaming app

Screenshot-20190119-134043.png

Viacom is not Sony or Turner to shut down premium HD channels! Nick HD+ isn't going anywhere.

Then what did Viacom do with MTV Indies HD ? Brother though i agree that Viacom is at a stronger foothold than Sony or Turner ( which is literally struggling to survive across it presence) but to keep a channel afloat is a business decision. They simply can't have a channel which is not getting desired viewership or revenue. They have already dropped all flagship shows from Nick HD and presently airing some old episodes of few random international shows. As per my understanding, this channel is in last stage and it will shut down soon. Its licence will be used for some other purpose. Cineplex HD also might convert to SD. There is a possibility that Viacom18 might launch a English Movie Channel this year

Then what did Viacom do with MTV Indies HD ? Brother though i agree that Viacom is at a stronger foothold than Sony or Turner ( which is literally struggling to survive across it presence) but to keep a channel afloat is a business decision. They simply can't have a channel which is not getting desired viewership or revenue. They have already dropped all flagship shows from Nick HD and presently airing some old episodes of few random international shows. As per my understanding, this channel is in last stage and it will shut down soon. Its licence will be used for some other purpose. Cineplex HD also might convert to SD. There is a possibility that Viacom18 might launch a English Movie Channel this year

MTV indies is replaced by MTV beats 2 years back which is running successfully
MTV Beats has become profitable within two years of launch: Ferzad Palia - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

I know that brother. What i meant was that they did shut down Indies HD and similarly Nick HD licence might be used for a new channel. Did u really think that i was not aware that MTV Beats HD replaced indies HD? My knowledge is not in such a poor level that even basic things like these would be unknown to me. You made me sound like a total amateur :)

May i know which live streaming app basically ??? As disney xd is not available on jio tata sky airtel app

Then what did Viacom do with MTV Indies HD ? Brother though i agree that Viacom is at a stronger foothold than Sony or Turner ( which is literally struggling to survive across it presence) but to keep a channel afloat is a business decision. They simply can't have a channel which is not getting desired viewership or revenue.
I agree with this. Viacom should have moved indie music to Voot. This is what Sony did when it shut down Animax. Animax Asia continues on SonyLIV (that too in an HD feed!).
They have already dropped all flagship shows from Nick HD and presently airing some old episodes of few random international shows. As per my understanding, this channel is in last stage and it will shut down soon. Its licence will be used for some other purpose. Cineplex HD also might convert to SD. There is a possibility that Viacom18 might launch a English Movie Channel this year
But your argument is valid only for Pepsi MTV Indies HD. Viacom sensed the need for a mainstream Hindi HD music channel early. In fact, MTV Beats HD is much needed following the shutdown of MTunes HD and later Sony Rox HD. Moreover, don't think Cineplex HD is going anywhere. The newly-launched UTV HD has the rights to some of Viacom18's library but not all. Andhadhun can air on Cineplex HD but not UTV HD as it is produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
I do not think Nick HD+ will shut down either even though it is no longer showing Motu Patlu. You had better ask Nina Elavia Jaipuria (Google her) regarding what she will do with the channel. :lol: :tup:
TL;DR: Viacom18 is in a much better position than Turner/Sony to keep niche HD channels running. Pepsi MTV Indies was an aberration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock