Suggestion : How to Get Dolby Digital Sound

@using ARC I am getting Dolby Digital in Videocon d2h. Also ARC (ARC (Audio Return Channel) functions via an HDMI cable. ARC enables digital sound to be output using just an HDMI cable. However, ARC is only available through an HDMI (ARC) port and only when the TV is connected to an ARC-enabled AV receiver. Connect an HDMI cable to the TV's HDMI (ARC) port and the device's HDMI output connector.)

I am able to get sound from HT but is PCM onoption. DD option is enabled
Bro you are setting external sound output of arc and show the digital output pcm and auto option.and then u select auto option.dd audio is definitely coming.

Bro you are setting external sound output of arc and show the digital output pcm and auto option.and then u select auto option.dd audio is definitely coming.
It is not coming,I asked for home visit from TataSky Person he said you have to use optical cable since tata sky does n't support for DD using HDMI :(

It is not coming,I asked for home visit from TataSky Person he said you have to use optical cable since tata sky does n't support for DD using HDMI :(

That is not true. TS very much supports DD & DD+ over HDMI.

What is the model of TV and HT?

Also, have you checked if you get DD if you connect the TS STB direct to HT?

Last edited:
I've an old Intex 5.1 HT, my TV has 4 HDMI ports (1 ARC). Currently TS STB is connected with ARC port. HT is connected with 3.5 mm to stereo (2 points) converter.
HT only have stereo & DVD inputs (refer image). Is there any converter available (HDMI to DVD) so that I can have the real DD sound?
f7b9ee9f655009e7a5e2c86ccdf0105b.jpg

b3e31c4fb0c918f1a5fe853f6b0eff63.jpg

@Pranab, HDMI to analog isn't available. However, if your TV has optical out optical to analog is available for around 3k.

I've an old Intex 5.1 HT, my TV has 4 HDMI ports (1 ARC). Currently TS STB is connected with ARC port. HT is connected with 3.5 mm to stereo (2 points) converter.
HT only have stereo & DVD inputs (refer image). Is there any converter available (HDMI to DVD) so that I can have the real DD sound?
f7b9ee9f655009e7a5e2c86ccdf0105b.jpg

b3e31c4fb0c918f1a5fe853f6b0eff63.jpg

The HDMI ARC port is to output the audio return channel and therefore it needs to be directly connected to HT to get the ARC benefit. So the STB is to be connected to another HDMI port on the TV.

In your case this does not matter as you can't connect the HDMI ARC port directly to the HT.

I would use the optical port on the STB and connect it to the HT using an optical to multichannel audio converter.

You can have a look at this. Not sure of the quality though.
Digital Dolby DTS/AC-3 Optical to Analog Audio Gear Sound Decoder 5.1Channel RCA | eBay Mobile

Last edited:
That is not true. TS very much supports DD & DD+ over HDMI.

What is the model of TV and HT?

Also, have you checked if you get DD if you connect the TS STB direct to HT?

This is very good point.

This is best option to isolate the problem, as he said you can check DD configuration are proper in both STB & HT by directly connecting your TS STB direct to HT, if DD is working perfect in this setup case 1, then you verify ARC setup as case 2, if case 1 is working and case 2 is not working means your TV doesn't support DD pass trough.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock