2 years of DISAPPOINTMENT !!!

an3109

Reaction score
19 july 2011 , landamark in indian tv market with launch of 2 24x7 sports HD channels .

But two years on from that eventful day , India's largest DTH and one of the biggest in Asia has still not been able to bring these channels on its platform .

Even SS2 will now show exclusive sports which will be missed out again.

I has been a long and arduous road which doesnt seem to be getting smooth any time soon

AN3109

I can understand your emotions. The whole concept of HD channels was centric about watching Sports+ Infotainment channels ( NGC, Discovery) in HD.

ESS HD being the market leader, specially bcoz of the cricketing content it showed.
And DishTV still doesnt have them, makes the whole concept of HD channels a futile move of taking the industry to HD driven market.

This is the biggest reason, why Dish TV is still not considered to be amongst top 2 DTH providers in the country..... and no matter how many HD channels they give, without ESS HD, people will just not opt for it.

One cannot replace the joy of watching India Vs Australia cricket match in HD, with say, watching Hindi music in HD.
All I can say is, I understand your frustration... and wud suggest you to move to some other DTH, bcoz Zee (DishTV) and Star rivalry is existent for decades now, from the era of analogue cable TV, back in the 90s. :dodgy

I fully support your concern on such an important issue. DISH TV never realized that Most of the people in sub-continent are fans of cricket. they don't only watch cricket but worship it. Now 3 channels have been missing , 2 of them from 2 years and SS2 right from its inception.
Thats why most of the consumers now moving on from dish tv to Tatasky, videocon or Airtel. people want to watch HD channels especially sports channels that's what people purchase HD boxes and pays hefty amounts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock