4K Service channel renamed as Star Sports 4K by Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter san1210
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 167
  • Views Views: Views 32,598
One doubt... In my set top box it shows...HD HEVC.
Will this box support 4K?

It would just support SD / HD channels which r made available in HEVC / MPEG 4 / MPEG 2 compression format by ur operator. 4K chipsets are not part of SD or HD boxes so u cannot watch a 4K channel on such boxes...if an operator downscales a 4K channel to HD or SD resolution then u will be able to watch it

Is sun direct really transmitting HD channels using HEVC compression?

Edit - so i checked the same myself and got to know that they had replaced all old MPEG4 HD boxes with new HEVC HD boxes 4 or 5 years back which is a great thing as it immensely helps save transponder costs

Last edited:
Yes! Transmitting Only Through HEVC

Why Suddenly Doubt??

Not doubting but actually forgot about it ....was unable to recollect when they migrated HD channels to HEVC so cross checked the information myself and got confirmation :)

Are all New HD boxes of Tata Play , Dish TV, d2h also HEVC compatible ?

I think going forward both Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play may switch to HEVC for transmitting SD and HD channels....in next 3 or 4 years most of their subscriber base would b having HEVC HD boxes and remaining ones could easily be replaced. Will help them save transponder lease expenditures and even offer more channels / services on the platform .

Both have stopped selling SD boxes long back and new HD boxes r HEVC compatible and being provided to all its subscribers. Old MPEG 4 SD/ HD boxes would also have been replaced with HEVC boxes in large numbers as they would have developed issues during past 4 or 5 years.... Both these things will mean huge share of subscriber base of both these operators would be having HEVC boxes by 2025 beginning or mid and then they can switch to HEVC Compression for transmitting all channels by replacing remaining few MPEG 4 boxes

Coming to the main topic, this channel can be viewed in xtreme box only right?

Are all New HD boxes of Tata Play , Dish TV, d2h also HEVC compatible ?

I think going forward both Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play may switch to HEVC for transmitting SD and HD channels....in next 3 or 4 years most of their subscriber base would b having HEVC HD boxes and remaining ones could easily be replaced. Will help them save transponder lease expenditures and even offer more channels / services on the platform .

Both have stopped selling SD boxes long back and new HD boxes r HEVC compatible and being provided to all its subscribers. Old MPEG 4 SD/ HD boxes would also have been replaced with HEVC boxes in large numbers as they would have developed issues during past 4 or 5 years.... Both these things will mean huge share of subscriber base of both these operators would be having HEVC boxes by 2025 beginning or mid and then they can switch to HEVC Compression for transmitting all channels by replacing remaining few MPEG 4 boxes

Only Sun Direct Selling HEVC HD Boxes,,,

Even If Customer Book SD Connection They Provise HD Box Only,,,

Airtel & Tata Play Used To Sell HEVC Boxes Back In Sometime But Now Only Mpeg-4 Boxes (Apart From Android STBs)

Dishd2h Selling Only Mpeg-4 Boxes,,

Back
Top Bottom