4K UHD STB & Interface (Images Inside)

@Pallab, it sure looks advanced (potential is there with USB 3.0 at the back, etc). But TS has disabled it for the time.

I haven't noticed any dramatic changes to boot-time.

IMHO, TS+ HD is scaling the SD channels better than 4K STB.

Please somebody add
Epg snaps of tata sky 4k box also some settings snaps

Sanjeev said:
Please somebody add
Epg snaps of tata sky 4k box also some settings snaps

It's exactly same as HD box EPG (unfortunately). I think only additional setting options are the output resolution options for 4K.

eprafulla said:
@Pallab, it sure looks advanced (potential is there with USB 3.0 at the back, etc). But TS has disabled it for the time.

I haven't noticed any dramatic changes to boot-time.

IMHO, TS+ HD is scaling the SD channels better than 4K STB.

In fact the picture is sharper if the output resolution is set to 1080p instead of 4k50. It maybe of course my TV does a better job of upscaling SD / HD content to 4K than the TS 4K box!

Congratulations! :)

I have similar questions as that in d2h UHD STB.
From the snapshot it looks likes the STB does not have a inbuilt HDD (no two LNB inputs at back and no record button on the remote). So recording is not possible correct? Is USB recording possible? (again, how without record button?)

raj29shenoy said:
Congratulations! :)

I have similar questions as that in d2h UHD STB.
From the snapshot it looks likes the STB does not have a inbuilt HDD (no two LNB inputs at back and no record button on the remote). So recording is not possible correct? Is USB recording possible? (again, how without record button?)

Recording is not possible as of now.

@jdrocks.... have you noticed slight stuttering on channel 400 (4K). Its prominent when the camera pans.

Looks like TS broadcasted yesterday's Ind v Afg practice match in 4K. Sad I missed out as I was in office.

A friend sent this to me today morning.

72Llk0.jpg

Hey guys, am new here. I got my UHD box installed couple of days back and had been following this forum for updates.

@eprafulla - yes there is a noticeable stutter when the camera pans in the green berry like thing and the car scene. i thought it could be the smoothing setting in the TV which was causing the problem and disabled it but still noticed it - disabled all post-processing in the TV (by using game mode where response time is priority) and still noticed stutter. was bit let down thinking it was the tv which was not able to process 4K properly which cannot be true as I have a lot of other HEVC coded 4K videos in higher quality that play without issues.

This is a problem with the video itself - you can confirm this by setting the box output to either 1080p or 1080i. There is still a stutter when the camera pans. Let's just hope all these will be sorted by feb 15th live broadcast.

phreakv6 said:
Hey guys, am new here. I got my UHD box installed couple of days back and had been following this forum for updates.

@eprafulla - yes there is a noticeable stutter when the camera pans in the green berry like thing and the car scene. i thought it could be the smoothing setting in the TV which was causing the problem and disabled it but still noticed it - disabled all post-processing in the TV (by using game mode where response time is priority) and still noticed stutter. was bit let down thinking it was the tv which was not able to process 4K properly which cannot be true as I have a lot of other HEVC coded 4K videos in higher quality that play without issues.

This is a problem with the video itself - you can confirm this by setting the box output to either 1080p or 1080i. There is still a stutter when the camera pans. Let's just hope all these will be sorted by feb 15th live broadcast.

Yes, stutter is there.

Are you getting sharper and brighter picture when the output is set to 1080p rather than 4K?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock