4K UHD STB & Interface (Images Inside)

Congratulations Bro & Superb Snapshots :tup
Now Enjoy 4k UHD :k

jdrocks said:
Yes, stutter is there.

Are you getting sharper and brighter picture when the output is set to 1080p rather than 4K?

I don't see much difference in terms of sharpness or brightness when output is at 1080p vs 4K. But I did feel there was some difference between the HD+ box 1080i output and the current box's output in 1080p/4K. The old box I felt was better for normal HD channels but i think the tv needed a bit of tuning for sharpness/contrast etc. to make the picture better. Now i dont notice it to be in any way less in quality than the HD+ box after I changed picture settings on the TV to suit the new UHD box.

I had missed out on the afghanistan vs india warm-up in 4K. I wasn't aware it was being broadcast in 4K or else I would have tuned in. I am very interested to know if the stutter was present in the live broadcast. If it was, this box is going to be extremely useless am afraid. Maybe a software update will fix it but I am hoping its just the discovery communication video content encoding problem.

phreakv6 said:
I don't see much difference in terms of sharpness or brightness when output is at 1080p vs 4K. But I did feel there was some difference between the HD+ box 1080i output and the current box's output in 1080p/4K. The old box I felt was better for normal HD channels but i think the tv needed a bit of tuning for sharpness/contrast etc. to make the picture better. Now i dont notice it to be in any way less in quality than the HD+ box after I changed picture settings on the TV to suit the new UHD box.

I had missed out on the afghanistan vs india warm-up in 4K. I wasn't aware it was being broadcast in 4K or else I would have tuned in. I am very interested to know if the stutter was present in the live broadcast. If it was, this box is going to be extremely useless am afraid. Maybe a software update will fix it but I am hoping its just the discovery communication video content encoding problem.

@phreakv6, Thank god I am not alone to notice the stutter. Like you, I was also blaming my TV first and tried playing with settings. But again like you, I recalled that stutter is not there in my other 4k videos. I have a ton of them (shot on my OnePlus-One). It sure looks like the demo video issue (damn you discovery, how can you mess up something as simple as this).

@jdrocks, I haven't checked by changing output to 1080i, will do it today evening.

Overall, let's hope the stuttering is not there in broadcast.
My 6th sense: even if it is there, it can be fixed by a software update.

Hi, any body confirm plz... 4k service is currently showing anything or not?

There is a Screen shot of Star sports 4k channel. But there is no Tatasky logo. Is that SS from TATA sky UHD box?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock