Breaking 9 New Channels Launching By Star Network w.e.f. March 15

RIP Star World, Star World HD and RIP Star World Premiere HD. :sad:

@dino29 bro This was their strategy to spam with Koffee with Karan 22 hours a day on 3 channels to show investors how unpopular these channels.

I hope Team India loses all bilateral, Australia tour and even ICC World Cups too. Hope cricket's popularity dies down in the country. And government brings strict restrictions on gambling fantasy sports apps.
Seriously, Star just want to launch more & more sports channels instead of audio feeds. Premium DTH company's aren't able to accommodate channels and also they will get pressure to add channels of different language. not a good step👎

RIP Star World, Star World HD and RIP Star World Premiere HD. :sad:

@dino29 bro This was their strategy to spam with Koffee with Karan 22 hours a day on 3 channels to show investors how unpopular these channels.

I hope Team India loses all bilateral, Australia tour and even ICC World Cups too. Hope cricket's popularity dies down in the country. And government brings strict restrictions on gambling fantasy sports apps.

Why should disney star be blamed if cricket is popular in India and hence broadcasters pay more to acquire key cricket property rights and thereby find ways to best monetize it. People r more responsible for this happening.

About closing Star World SD / HD, Star World Premiere HD.... I think Star World should have been continued with a refreshed programming strategy and catered to evolved + emerging audience. I am not happy with this decision. Also UTV HD should have been continued and rebranded as Star Gold Thrill HD focusing mostly on dubbed hollywood movies

That difficulty is only on paper until operators are happy with the amount of carriage fee

Also disney star is having bouquets which r very popular and opted by most of the audience hence it is easy to launch new channels, bundle them in updated RIO and sign agreement with operators for the same

Seriously, Star just want to launch more & more sports channels instead of audio feeds. Premium DTH company's aren't able to accommodate channels and also they will get pressure to add channels of different language. not a good step👎

Regional Sports HD channels r needed for key markets, having audio feeds on a channel have various limitations hence cannot be a solution for catering to regional audiences .

It's not a surprise. They have priced HD variant ₹19. Meanwhile HD variant is ₹10 now. They will show how poorly these channels are performing than convert it into something like Star Sports 1 Nepali and Star Sports 1 Bhojpuri.

This has nothing to do with making a channel non performing as u r making it out to be. They have increased price of all key driver channels to Rs. 19 so that people opt for these thru bouquet mode rather than a-la-carte mode. They even increased price of Star Gold from Rs. 10 to Rs. 19 bcoz of same reason

Yeah, they have no signs of 4K channels. We are supposed to be a super power. China has eight 4K channels. We have Aryabhatta.

4K will remain limited to digital mode in India. Having a 4K channel is not a profitable / sustainable venture for any broadcaster bcoz of various factors including cost part

What is the need of these duplicate channels when it lt is too difficult for the DTH's to accommodate existing SD/HD channels
no Issues For DPOs star has planned here very smartly

Star World HD - SS Sports 1 Tamil HD
Star World Premiere HD - SS Sports Telugu HD
UTV HD - Star Gold 2 HD
UTV Movies - SG Romance
UTV Action - SG Thrills
Star World - Star Movies Select SD
Baby Tv HD - Disney Channel HD
SS Sports 1 Bangla - Asianet Movies HD
SS Sports 1 Marathi - Vijay Super HD .

DPOs will get space n can add star new channels in the existing channels slots easily :tup:

Also, to give tough competition and to avoid viewers moving to OTT for HD viewing, Star sports Tamil HD might be launching.
Note from IPL 2023 - star has only tv broadcasting license. Viacom 18 has digital rights in jio cinema.

If I am lying. Just go and see Star Sports 1 Marathi was never distributed. Live sporting events are mostly kept off from Star Sports 1 Bangla. If that doesn't show you guys their bias. You are fools.

Buddy request u to please not bring such things into the discussion. Not only it is not true but it will also hurt sentiments of many people. They r deciding on launching / closing regional sports channels based on its viability and not bcoz of any other reason.

Tomorrow going by ur argument u may say that they r shutting down Star World as there are all Indians heading disney star or even say that Koffee with Karan is being aired non stop on their English GEC channels bcoz it is an Indian Show. Also i can state examples of people from north/central India heading hindi movies channel but concerned channel just focusing more on dubbed south induan movies or even south indian channels being lead in excellent manner by people who r from North India & vice versa :)

Decisions r taken jointly by a team and it does not matter from which region or part of the country they r from.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock