Airtel 4K Internet TV Launched [Detail and Price]

• Thread starter iphifi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 284
  • Views: Views 61,230
Duke said:
The Airtel has distributed the Box at 3K to their employees while testing phase, so Customer upgrade at 3K is very much Logical...
Perfect reply bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ankit Jain said:
Bro 1tb HDD costs more than 4k and you want a smart stb for 2-3k??? Doesn't seem logical at all.

This Internet STB cost comes around 3k only extra cost for 3 months & 12 month ARP for all channels.Airtel if come up with DVR Internet box with Internal memory via 1TB HDD I wish they launch in 7k-8k range without ARPs then it would be really affordable.

jayanthkillam said:
Is any 4k content available now on Airtel?

any 1 pls reply...i'm not using airtel.in my guess airtel doesnot provide any 4k content channels

dinee said:
any 1 pls reply...i'm not using airtel.in my guess airtel doesnot provide any 4k content channels

No 4K TV Channels available but online Streaming of 4K Contents will work well with this Internet box that's why they are Advertising 4K Technology thats clearly indicated in main info posts in this thread.

RE: Airtel Internet TV 1 Year All SD+HD Rs 7,999

Sahil Nikhil said:
Can we download all type apps from play store also i want to know can i use mobile for sharing internet connection... Bapun bro please reply

InternetTV has inbuilt Wi-Fi receiver, so that you can easily connect to your Home Wi-Fi network,
or mobile hotspot.

Now in my opinion this is kinda not that great move by airtel..

Technically, they shud have gone for a bit higher ram and processor along with a slightly higher internal memory/HDD.. Why u ask? Cos the PQ is 4k at 60FPS and it is hardware hungry and it will take up a lot of juice from the ram and processor. Plus, memory of 8 gb will not be fully available as part of it will be taken up by the OS itself...

Cost wise, pretty decent as all channels + the box at 8k is something that one wud definitely go for..
There's also the fact that one would need a 4K TV to make the best use of it. But, will the existing 1080p content be upscaled to 4K by the box? I don't knw if that doesnt happen then we'll have to see how well the PQ will be.. cos, I've seen the PQ on the D2H 4K box and it was total crap as the box outputs 1080p on a 4K TV and it was similar to watchng 576p content on a 1080p screen.

Overall, not so happy with the offering, But appreciate the thought that airtel has gone for this tech.. Surely there will be a lot of improvements in the coming days and months..

RE: Airtel Internet TV 1 Year All SD+HD Rs 7,999

iphifi said:
It also has Micro SD slot. But card is not included. Single Tuner is mentioned in FAQ:
28. Is it possible to watch different program while recording?
Your InternetTV has single tuner. This means, you can tune to only one DTH channel at any point of
time. You can, at a point of time,

You can, at a point of time,
1) Record and watch same channel
2) Record 1 channel and watch something on other Apps
4) Record 1 channel and watch a recording
5) Pause Live TV

Please help:
CC says upgrade cost is Rs 3999 + 150 visit charge with all sd, hd channels free for only one month.
If I go for new connection it may cost me Rs 4999 with all channels free for three months.
It means upgradation is costly then new connection or Cc has wrong information?
Second thing if I go for new connection, can I get some discount from the Airtel dealers?

hindifun said:
Please help:
CC says upgrade cost is Rs 3999 + 150 visit charge with all sd, hd channels free for only one month.
If I go for new connection it may cost me Rs 4999 with all channels free for three months.
It means upgradation is costly then new connection or Cc has wrong information?
Second thing if I go for new connection, can I get some discount from the Airtel dealers?

Pls wait for couple of days coz its not yet launch officially after launch only offers , t&c will update to Cc by their back end team

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock