Airtel charging heavily for Star Sports & Star Cricket?

arvindp

Reaction score
As everyone here knows, Airtel is charging 40 Rs. for Star Sports and Star Cricket which is way too high.

I just found from the Espnstar website that rates for ESPN ala-carte packs are as follows:

ESPN - 15
STAR SPORTS - 15
STAR CRICKET - 12.58

and bouquet of all three channels - 20 Rs.

but Airtel is charging such obscene amount for this.

It is clearly mentioned that the Price is per set top box per month. So, this goes to show clearly that Airtel is cheating the customers very badly.

I want a few people here to confirm whether the rates mentioned here are the actual rates that goes to the ESS. I also feel that we should be paying slightly more than these rates as some share goes to the DTH. But the difference is huge here.

Also, is it possible to put this issue through to TRAI ?? Will they even take any decision after looking at this, if at all we can tell them ??

Please help here guys. We have got to fight. Not just leave this get away.

Here's the link : Legal Information : DTH Reference Interconnect Offer | ESPNSTAR.com

NOTE : @Mods, I don't know if there is any existing thread regarding this issue. I searched the Airtel forums and couldn't find any. If there is any other existing thread, I request you to merge this with the other, so that discussion can be continued in the existing thread.

Just throw airtel dth and move to other, and also push others (freinds, relative etc...) to do the same. Then slowly by slowly the rate of quitting from airtel dth will reach to huge. That may give them a good lesson.

Can someone please share details
of TRAI and Consumer forum
where I can lodge complaint against this issue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock