Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters

My situation after saw new packs started roll out by adtv
And probably lock in period move next

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Buddy firstly Airtel Digital TV has not increased price of the SD variant of the pack despite there being an increase in prices of many channels (from broadcaster end) which form part of it. There is minor increase in pricing of HD variant of the pack which is totally understandable and it is bcoz they have no option but to pass on the rise in prices of channels which has been done by broadcasters to the customer.

Airtel Digital TV not raising price of the SD variant means they do not want to burden the larger mass audience and have rather absorbed all the price increase themselves. HD customers can afford to pay little more hence pricing has been increased a little for the HD variant of the pack.

There is no confirmation yet about Lock in period being implemented for top ups or channels hence we should wait a little more rather than speculating on the same. I do not think any such policy would come into effect on Airtel Digital TV Platform , on the contrary in coming days / weeks there is a strong likelyhood that many steps/decisions would be taken by Airtel Digital TV which would be extremely beneficial and good for customers and make everyone happy

Last edited:
So it's official now! 😔🫠
Probably time to switch back to tataplay

Wait for some more time bro, maybe they r introducing option for upfront monthly / semi annual / annual channel top ups and DBR top ups will continue like before. This is already under implementation for service channel / interactive services for a very long time.

So basically it will give choice to customers and enable dealers/ executives to scale up revenue if customer chooses to go with upfront top up option

First of all I don’t know why you shifted ???
Pack price bro and boot time..in airtel uttam udp pack was cheaper.

I was using binge+ box but it's boot time was more considering I am using smart tv also..together both were taking more than 1 min .plus you know post boot it takes sometime for channel switch or anything to respond properly. I tried normal tataplay hd box also but I was not satisfied with the SD channel quality and hence moved. But now after seeing all this I am thinking to move back! One honest thing I would like to say airtel hd channel is so so good..there is no pixellation. Background images are focused better in tataplay I felt they are compressing the hd channel it is not at par with airtel but sd channel quality is better in tataplay binge+ box

In airtel, the new min 100 model is better but there are bugs and features not upto mark! Even most of the people never reply if asking for help..for example I am struggling with software update in min 100 model but no one has any answer !🙂

Final verdict , this move will make me to switch easily to tataplay again but it will be after my pack expires...

Last edited:
Pack price bro and boot time..in airtel uttam udp pack was cheaper.

I was using binge+ box but it's boot time was more considering I am using smart tv also..together both were taking more than 1 min .plus you know post boot it takes sometime for channel switch or anything to respond properly. I tried normal tataplay hd box also but I was not satisfied with the SD channel quality and hence moved. But now after seeing all this I am thinking to move back! One honest thing I would like to say airtel hd channel is so so good..there is no pixellation. Background images are focused better in tataplay I felt they are compressing the hd channel it is not at par with airtel but sd channel quality is better in tataplay binge+ box

In airtel, the new min 100 model is better but there are bugs and features not upto mark! Even most of the people never reply if asking for help..for example I am struggling with software update in min 100 model but no one has any answer !🙂

Final verdict , this move will make me to switch easily to tataplay again but it will be after my pack expires...

Bro! Whatever You Do, That's OK But Never Listen To @ramesh skyPLAY

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock