Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
Also, my neighbours, family, many especially elderly people ask me the question. I recharged for 30d but get only 27d or a lower validity ? Most of the time they have add-on or VAS activated in their plan. They don't understand thier plan. I think DTH billing is getting complex day by day and it wouldn't be a surprise if a diploma will be needed to understand the billing.
For now, keep it as airtel billing🤣

Yes i scheduled removed one channel but it was still there after 30 days. I noticed after my DBR increases then i again removed it for good.
Was before 2nd time you remove topup after 1st month completed topup price deducted dbr basis or upfornt 30 days basis bro ?

coming to the topic, i wonder how xtreme users are digesting the change.. i mean in xtreme box there are higher chances of accidently subscribing a channel by elders/childrens (please dont consider super parents/super children)
Oh my god, don't tell... I'm waiting to jump out of Airtel because they implemented the 30 day policy.. I've already had elders subscribing to some Telugu channel (which isn't spoken in house), and kids subscribing to Sony Sports when IPL is running on Star Sports...
I recently changed my broadband provider to Kerala Vision, and they also have Digital TV service. Once they introduce combo pack for broadband and cable, I'll be done with both Airtel DTH and Airtel Black...

Another con, minimum recharge amount is still 50rs. To activate even 1 a la carte channel we need to recharge with 50rs. Now that they have implemented 30d lock-in, they should make us pay the full 30d amount only for the channel activated just like cable. They should not say insufficient balance when we add channel. Instead should link it with the payment gateway and should activate the channel on payment of just 30d a la carte channel amount and not anything more. They should remove minimum recharge amount, atleast for active connections. It doesn't make sense to pay 50rs to activate a 2rs channel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock