Airtel Signal Quality Issue During Day Time

It's purely a case of perfect tuning. As mentioned by dilbino, you got to make sure the skew and alignment. And then fix it properly with enough support. Also make sure there is no obstruction in front of ur dish such as wall etc.
I am from KSA and getting good signal on 210 primefocus dish 24X7.

Hi MrAB,
You are using a 210cm dish which is helping you get good signals.Moreover if its a Skew or alignment issue then I would not get the channels without any issues during the evening time.The major problem of channel freezing and distortion is during the morning hours(11am-4pm).

Mr.AB said:
It's purely a case of perfect tuning. As mentioned by dilbino, you got to make sure the skew and alignment. And then fix it properly with enough support. Also make sure there is no obstruction in front of ur dish such as wall etc.
I am from KSA and getting good signal on 210 primefocus dish 24X7.

The dish is not setup by an Airtel Technician as I am not in India.I am located in Dubai and we do not have any Authorized Airtel installation here whereby we can get their technicians.
Just another quick question to everyone.Does the quality of the picture(sharpness or blurry) make a difference with the signal quality,if the picture is being viewed without any distortion or freeze???I mean does the PQ increase and get better with the increase in signal quality???
I am thinking to move away from Airtel and get Dish TV HD if I can't find a permanent solution to this issue.

shawl_who said:
Skew is rotation of the lnb in respect to the satellite. It differs from place to place.

Is ur dish setup by a an airtel technician?

Dubaiman, my dish is 210 prime focus dish (not offset dish). What i know is 120cm offset dish is enough for airtel in dubai. Also confirm about the signal quality of Dish Tv before u take a decision.

What i know is Dish's HD chnls are having good signal here, but SD chnls are weak because it's from different sat (nss). Dish Tv is using two satellites for their service, and in India they use monoblock lnb. But i doubt it will work here, u got to add a sub to get both sats.

Coming back to aircel, if u r not good in sat tracking, approach a local technician there and get it fixed. Also u need to tune the dish in the morning hours, since the outage is in morning.the try to peak the signal in morning, with the help of a local technician. Also don't approach airtel for such issues and don't share ur ID to them. They might block or deactivate ur connection, as it's not legal to move the stb out of India.

shawl_who said:
nice setup dilbino. :clap

But I think, more than lnb... it may be case of some incorrect tuning. (skew etc.)
Dubai is nearer to the beam as compared to Qatar. If u can get in Qatar, he should be able to get in Dubai easily.

I tried almost all brand lnbs available in qatar. Global brand is giving 5-10 % more signal than all other brand lnbs. Global-quad is giving 15-20% more signals.
selection of lnb is an important factor in non-coverage areas , but in India u can use any brand lnb. LNB skew and dish elevation/Azimuth also important things. In qatar lnb skew is 8 o'clock or 2 o'clock.

DubaiMan said:
The dish is not setup by an Airtel Technician as I am not in India.I am located in Dubai and we do not have any Authorized Airtel installation here whereby we can get their technicians.
Just another quick question to everyone.Does the quality of the picture(sharpness or blurry) make a difference with the signal quality,if the picture is being viewed without any distortion or freeze???I mean does the PQ increase and get better with the increase in signal quality???
I am thinking to move away from Airtel and get Dish TV HD if I can't find a permanent solution to this issue.

from my experience:
picture quality is same with minimum signal quality and maximum signal quality. picture will freeze when signal quality is less than minimum level.
drop of signal per length of cable is more in airtel digital tv (may be because of DVBS2 signals ) compared to Dish tv, Sun direct and RDTV.

I'll also suggest to remove any hindrances in front of the dish, preferable mount the dish to the topmost point of the terrace... facing open sky, I mean no wall etc. should come in between.

Try for Global quad lnb as dilbino bro said.

May be get someone to align ur dish properly. 120 cm dish should be enough for Dubai, considering a 46 dbW beam is reaching Ras Al-Khaimah. :k

Getting Dish Tv will be more troublesome on 120 cm dish, for the same place Ras Al-Khaimah, beam power is 44 dbW, Though Asiasat5, carrying HD channels is quite powerful in Dubai.

If nothing still works, why not buy a 6ft dish. :)

Thanks Bro for your reply....

Getting a 6ft dish is difficult since getting one and putting it up on the 42nd flr is very challenging.Will try and get the global quad LNB this weekend and check it out......The technicians in Dubai are a real rip-off with high charges and without satisfactory work being done.....The dish is already put up at the topmost pt with just a small lil side wall in front,but the dish positioning is on the upper side.....

shawl_who said:
I'll also suggest to remove any hindrances in front of the dish, preferable mount the dish to the topmost point of the terrace... facing open sky, I mean no wall etc. should come in between.

Try for Global quad lnb as dilbino bro said.

May be get someone to align ur dish properly. 120 cm dish should be enough for Dubai, considering a 46 dbW beam is reaching Ras Al-Khaimah. :k

Getting Dish Tv will be more troublesome on 120 cm dish, for the same place Ras Al-Khaimah, beam power is 44 dbW, Though Asiasat5, carrying HD channels is quite powerful in Dubai.

If nothing still works, why not buy a 6ft dish. :)

What is the status DUBAIMAN, as me too here in DAMMAM (Saudi Arabia) same problem, as you mention above.

chunipu said:
What is the status DUBAIMAN, as me too here in DAMMAM (Saudi Arabia) same problem, as you mention above.

Brother Airtel is working perfect here in UAE sharjah close to Dubai with just a 90 cm Dish, I know DubaiMan now his problem is that he is living in Big Building which has more than 50 Floors so its not possible for him to Install a Dish freely in that building so thats why he was not receiving signals perfectly of Ses 7, even many Dish Technicians don't agree on Installing a Private dish on a Building here in Dubai bcuz they are just given a little space in their balcony to install the dish which is impossible for any one to catch the signals from that place. But Airtels DTH works perfect like charm here in UAE with 90 cm to 120 cm max dish size for far west Abu Dhabi city may be 8 Ft dish would be enough for your area if u are close to Riyadh or UAE.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock