DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,184
Hi,
I've been through the thread and cudn't find any post related to my doubt. If anyone can answer, it would really help me decide to proceed with the box.

My mother is quite old and therefore not a tech savvy. So in old airtel box, the physical favorite button was pretty handy where I set some news and entertainment channels and she could easily watch them.

Since there is no physical fav button, how do u set favorites and where is it available on the display ( like home screen or under some other head). Are favorites easily accessible or not?

Secondly, can I assign the physical fav button of old airtel remote to any not so important button of new remote can the favorites be available just like old box?

Those who already have xstream box may give it a shot and comment.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I've been through the thread and cudn't find any post related to my doubt. If anyone can answer, it would really help me decide to proceed with the box.

My mother is quite old and therefore not a tech savvy. So in old airtel box, the physical favorite button was pretty handy where I set some news and entertainment channels and she could easily watch them.

Since there is no physical fav button, how do u set favorites and where is it available on the display ( like home screen or under some other head). Are favorites easily accessible or not?

Secondly, can I assign the physical fav button of old airtel remote to any not so important button of new remote can the favorites be available just like old box?

Those who already have xstream box may give it a shot and comment.

Thanks in advance
Favorites implementation is poor on the Xstream Box. Only place where we can see the favorite channels is at the home screen. Whatever we add to favorites are shown under "My Channels". If there are many favorites you are in for an endless scrolling with the remote. Normal HD boxes have a dedicated favorites button like you mentioned and older people can easily access them.

For your second question, No it's not possible to access favorites through the old method, even if you assign the favorites button on your old remote to any button on the new remote. This is because that functionality itself isn't available on this Xstream Box.

Favorites implementation is poor on the Xstream Box. Only place where we can see the favorite channels is at the home screen. Whatever we add to favorites are shown under "My Channels". If there are many favorites you are in for an endless scrolling with the remote. Normal HD boxes have a dedicated favorites button like you mentioned and older people can easily access them.

For your second question, No it's not possible to access favorites through the old method, even if you assign the favorites button on your old remote to any button on the new remote. This is because that functionality itself isn't available on this Xstream Box.
That's the problem with hybrid boxes. They don't provide basic functions of traditional dth. Imo they should provide seperate seperate remotes meant for watching tv via dth as it would handy to elderly. And provide a seperate remote for smart functionality.

Last edited:
That's the problem with hybrid boxes. They don't provide basic functions of traditional dth. Imo they should provide seperate seperate remotes meant for watch tv via dth as it would handy to elderly. And provide a seperate remote for smart functionality.
Normal remote still works with Xstream Box. I tested it before handing over my old remote. But the problem is that they didn't implement the old favorites functionality in this box. I'm not sure if they have any limitations doing that!

That's the problem with hybrid boxes. They don't provide basic functions of traditional dth. Imo they should provide seperate seperate remotes meant for watching tv via dth as it would handy to elderly. And provide a seperate remote for smart functionality.
Yes, it can be implemented simply by providing a remote with older functionalities while the smart functionality can be implemented through the remote of mobile app which is easily available.

So basically if I select favorites, they will appear under my channel. Then if I select one of the favorite channel, then upon pressing Channel up/ down will we be able to scroll favorites only or from that channel no?

So basically if I select favorites, they will appear under my channel. Then if I select one of the favorite channel, then upon pressing Channel up/ down will we be able to scroll favorites only or from that channel no?
From that channel number.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock