Airtel Xstream Box - Stay Away

It is now more that 10 days and recording facility has not come.

Nothing on sound issue.

Stay away:mad::mad::mad:.

Firestick doesn't let you connect to external devices, as the stick itself needs to use an HDMI input.
@ amansingh, that is why I suggest MI box S if you are interested in a stand alone streaming device. It plays everything and sideloads everything. Today, I was watching 18 gb 2160p blueray RIP on a 5 TB external hard drive connected to MI box, it played flawlessly. Or else wait for Tatasky and Dish TV integrated boxes.

It is now more that 10 days and recording facility has not come.

Nothing on sound issue.

Stay away:mad::mad::mad:.
If your TV has an SPDIF out port, could you try to connect your HT with that bypassing the box ?? I never used the SPDIF ports of the box & always connected the Toslink optical cable from TV to my Logitch Z5500...I personally didn't find any sound issues on Xstream box myself...I tried connecting the optical cable on the box too but preferred to have it connected on the TV itself as the sound comes same from the TV's Optical output & the Xstream box's SPDIF output plus I watch movies daily from my laptop to TV by Miracast/WiDi & I don't even turn-on the box because it's not needed that time, so everytime disconnecting & reconnecting the Toslink cable from TV & the Box is troublesome for me...

If your TV doesn't have an SPDIF out port, then unfortunately you will have to rely on the box only to pass the audio to your Onkyo...

I am not sure why you are facing such sound issues with the box because I am not finding any such issues on my setup...

If your TV has an SPDIF out port, could you try to connect your HT with that bypassing the box ?? I never used the SPDIF ports of the box & always connected the Toslink optical cable from TV to my Logitch Z5500...I personally didn't find any sound issues on Xstream box myself...I tried connecting the optical cable on the box too but preferred to have it connected on the TV itself as the sound comes same from the TV's Optical output & the Xstream box's SPDIF output plus I watch movies daily from my laptop to TV by Miracast/WiDi & I don't even turn-on the box because it's not needed that time, so everytime disconnecting & reconnecting the Toslink cable from TV & the Box is troublesome for me...

If your TV doesn't have an SPDIF out port, then unfortunately you will have to rely on the box only to pass the audio to your Onkyo...

I am not sure why you are facing such sound issues with the box because I am not finding any such issues on my setup...
Bro u mentioned that "so everytime disconnecting & reconnecting the Toslink cable from TV & the Box is troublesome for me"
If you will connect your sound system to xstream box using optical cable and then cast content from your laptop to tv via xstream box. Doesn't that support sound output???

Bro u mentioned that "so everytime disconnecting & reconnecting the Toslink cable from TV & the Box is troublesome for me"
If you will connect your sound system to xstream box using optical cable and then cast content from your laptop to tv via xstream box. Doesn't that support sound output???
No brother this box does not support Miracast but my TV does...When I try to stream content from my laptop to Xstream box, the box doesn't show up anywhere...I can only use the Google cast with the box & it works pretty nicely from YT...But this box doesn't show up in my home DLNA network...That's why I have to stream movies from my laptop to TV & because the Xstream box doesn't show up when trying to project the laptop screen via Miracast...

I will try sideloading some Miracast apps on the box but not sure if they will work or not but with default installed apps & settings, the box seems to support only Google Cast/Chromecast & not Miracast...

Last edited:
No brother this box does not support Miracast but my TV does...When I try to stream content from my laptop to Xstream box, the box doesn't show up anywhere...I can only use the Google cast with the box & it works pretty nicely from YT...But this box doesn't show up in my home DLNA network...That's why I have to stream movies from my laptop to TV & because the Xstream box doesn't show up when trying to project the laptop screen via Miracast...

I will try sideloading some Miracast apps on the box but not sure if they will work or not but with default installed apps & settings, the box seems to support only Google Cast/Chromecast & not Miracast...
There are so many apps on play store for mirroring. The box does not support any app??

There are so many apps on play store for mirroring. The box does not support any app??
Brother I already mentioned in my earlier comment that this box doesn't show up in my home network & I will try sideloading a few Miracast apps & only after that I can confirm if Miracast works or not...Also Miracast is a hardware based thing...So, if the box doesn't have the support for it, using mirroring apps may not work...I will try sideloading some apps & will try to find if the box supports Miracast or not...

And Android TV Playstore is not the same as Google Playstore for phones...In Android TV play store, there are very limited number of apps...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock