DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Dolby Audio Solution

Thanks, but still we have to use chrome cast from mobile, is it? I tried, as you say, and it was fantastic true Dolby digital audio. I agree..

But, not getting true Dolby digital audio while using default Amazon prime apk. I'm using since I like to use ethernet to connect xstream settop box, considering good internet speed.

So,no update for that bug/issue till date, is it not?

2. Chrome casting is one more biggest issue I'm facing...
I'm unable to connect chrome cast easily, though both mobile (Redmi Note 7 pro) and xstream settop box are in same WiFi and Bluetooth opened. Many times I got frustrated to connect.. I don't know what is preventing to connect seamlessly..

Any one can help me?
Redmi Note 7 pro have some issues in casting...After update few months ago it says as MI TV not found..Maybe it's compatible only for mi TV...

For who ever want true dolby audio from Xstreme STB,follow the below steps you will get dolby audio in all apps including amazon prime and HD Dolby channels.

Step 1 : Switch off your HT
Step 2 : Go to Airtel Home-> Settings-> Android Settings
Step 3 : Go to Device Preferences-> Sound -> Choose Manual
Step 4 : Choose Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital plus and AAC audio formats alone.
Steps 5 : Check whether all other audio formats is disabled rather than choosen audio formats
Step 6 : Restart STB ,after boot ,switch to any HD channel
Step 7 : Switch on Ur HT check now dolby audio will be coming,if not switch between 2.1 and 5.1 formats or switch between optical channels in HT ,You will now get Dolby 5.1
Step 8 : For Amazon Prime ,Use Chromecast from mobile ,you will get true dolby 5.1

Thanks. Created separate thread so that it can reach more peoples and more can resolve their issue.
In sound section, there is NO manual option to choose

I'm unable to connect chrome cast easily, though both mobile (Redmi Note 7 pro) and xstream settop box are in same WiFi and Bluetooth opened. Many times I got frustrated to connect.. I don't know what is preventing to connect seamlessly..

Any one can help me

Why internet mandatory to watch phone on tv... When l off internet from dongle & try to watch phone on tv through wofi dongle phone cant find airtel box device... Why internet mandatory.

In sound section, there is NO manual option to choose
It seems after upgrade, it is given auto option.
One more observation for all channels including none dolby also my HT show dolby+, but have aitel Internet box it works fine (2 and connection), I swapped to test new airtel xtream

Solution for dolby audio
In my xtream box latest update was 2.2.3. aafter updating manual audio selection was missing and picture quality of hdr 10 problem was solved.
Then i made a complaint and Kerala TSM asked me to send customer ID and upadated version number
And they have rolled back a new version for me ( firmware) and that was 2.2.36. and manual audio selection came back
In that i have selected dolby atmos, dolby digital, dolby digital plus, aac and dolby true hd
Now my netflix is dolby atmos, hotstar is dolby, sun nxt is dolby all hd channels are dolby.
I think xtream app is not giving dolby.
As everyone said amazone prime is not dolby once casting from mobile its dolby.

Felt problems :
Sometimes when its restarted its dolby is not working once i re select audio settings manually. It works fine..
Yesterday there was no video but audio only.. screen was black.. after rebooting it was fine

Solution for dolby audio
In my xtream box latest update was 2.2.3. aafter updating manual audio selection was missing and picture quality of hdr 10 problem was solved.
Then i made a complaint and Kerala TSM asked me to send customer ID and upadated version number
And they have rolled back a new version for me ( firmware) and that was 2.2.36. and manual audio selection came back
In that i have selected dolby atmos, dolby digital, dolby digital plus, aac and dolby true hd
Now my netflix is dolby atmos, hotstar is dolby, sun nxt is dolby all hd channels are dolby.
I think xtream app is not giving dolby.
As everyone said amazone prime is not dolby once casting from mobile its dolby.

Felt problems :
Sometimes when its restarted its dolby is not working once i re select audio settings manually. It works fine..
Yesterday there was no video but audio only.. screen was black.. after rebooting it was fine
True ,
I am also fedup with multiple problem (Dolby , HDMI control) of unmechur Airtel extrema low and cheap quality product and firmware , I just dumped the STB in to my kids bedroom tv , started using my old Airtel internet box.

As of now 2.2.3 the some what good even it doesn't have manual options for Dolby

Last edited:
True ,
I am also fedup with multiple problem (Dolby , HDMI control) of unmechur Airtel extrema low and cheap quality product and firmware , I just dumped the STB in to my kids bedroom tv , started using my old Airtel internet box.

As of now 2.2.3 the some what good even it doesn't have manual options for Dolby
Ask for update version 2.2.36 and manuel option will be available

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock