All About Opticum / Globo / Orton X403p HD

• Thread starter Vikram
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 10,034

Vikram

Reaction score
There seems to be a Many people asking questions about these receivers but there also seems to be a lack of basic information for new users.
I am trying to put together a simple non techie guide to help users out. If anyone else has any useful info they would like to add please feel free.....

A small compact footprint measuring 220mm wide, 40mm heigh, 160mm deep. The unit seems to have many different names (brands)
such as 'Orton' 'Globo' 'Opticum' and quite a few more. As for the original OEM manufacturer a quick search on Alibaba show numerous
manufacturers & suppliers, we can be pretty sure its mass produced somewhere in china

On the Front
There is a series of buttons which allow you to operate the receiver without the remote control. One Common Interface slot for a hardware
CAM. Also one card slot (Conax). A green LED segment display for the clock and channel selection.

Connectivity
RS232 for uploading and dumping firmware which can also be done via the USB.

12V Out
There is a 12 volt output rated at 50 milliamps, I've seen similar connections on some older AV receivers I believe it was used as a method
of bringing components out of standby mode (basically a control connection). I'm not 100% sure of its purpose, but if you need a 12v out you have it .

USB for connecting flash drives, hard drives etc. I guess the main use for the USB is for recording your programs onto HDD, but its also
handy for backing up and installing firmware.

Ethernet allows networking of the receiver for things such as card sharing (which is not built into the standard firmware).
It can also be used for firmware updates and connecting to FTP servers. As far as I know the box can only act as an FTP client not a server
so you cannot access the firmware or do mods via FTP. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here!)

Audio & Video we've got L & R audio out for stereo output also a digital coaxial output for Dolby Digital surround when used with an AV
receiver. CVBS (composite video) output not used so much these days. Scart / Euro / Peritel for connecting to a tv or other av kit.
HDMI for outputting HiDefinition to your HiDef tv / projector.

OPTICUM - HD X403p technical characteristics:

One slot for Smart Card

One Slot for Common Interface Module

Support of SD / HD (MPEG2 / MPEG4 H.264), DVB-S, DVB-S2 system

High resolution video output - HDMI

Standard resolution video output - SCART, RCA

Supported video resolutions - 576p, 720p, 1080i

Front panel display - LED 4 digit

Digital audio output S/PDIF - coaxial

Analog audio output - RCA stereo

Software update by USB, RS-232C

12V out for connecting external devices

Lan connector (Ethernet)

USB connector compliant with USB 2.0 standard

Low power consumption in Stand-by mode, below 1W

Automatic Stand-By mode after 3 hours from last using receiver for power saving

Compatible with Diseqc 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and USALS

Electronic Program Guide - EPG

Multilngual Menu, including English

Time Shift (video pausing, rewinding)

PVR Ready - possibility to record on external USB drive

Recording one channel and watch another FTA channel within a single transponder

Blind Scan supported

Parental Lock for channels and Menu

Possiility to save up to 5000 channels (TV and Radio)

Fast channels switching

Possibility of creating own channels lists

Possibility of creating Favourite Lists

Sort / Group / Channels search options

Channel Editing features -Remove, Lock, Skip, Move, Rename

Subtitle support - Teletext and DVB

Teletext support

Tool to convert files for playback on your computer

Build-in Dolby Digital decoder (downmix to stereo)

Colour - black

OPTICUM USB HDD supported

Channels Editor

Support connection to an external FTP server (FTP client)

@Vikram ji : Its layout is more or less same as openbox s10 PVR :)

Good review of Orton X403p. HD :tup

A very nice information Vikram sir very useful also and nice Image of box.

Pl do let me know how you will define both Openbox-10 & Orton x403p,I mean which is more
better according to features + Performance.

dear sir tell me orton box open dishtv hd and sd channals via cc**m openbox not open dishtv hd/sd he get only audio no video.....

jenius-jatt said:
A very nice information Vikram sir very useful also and nice Image of box.

Pl do let me know how you will define both Openbox-10 & Orton x403p,I mean which is more
better according to features + Performance.

Orton x403P Is Good For Cable Operator in Case of Piracy No hanging and Continue Runing ,OpenBox is Good For Personal Using......

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock