All star sports channels changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ksramesh, have you read what I posted? Please stop.

Bapun Raz said:

sorry bro before 2 minutes u merged these threads and posted at that time i am in post reply section

i will take care

Re: RE: All star sports channels changing

Bapun Raz said:

So.... my doubt cleared... Thanks Bapun.... :)

Sadiq said:
So.... my doubt cleared... Thanks Bapun.... :)

It was cleared long ago when I merged his Softhand ID, I guess. :p

Re: RE: All star sports channels changing

Bapun Raz said:
It was cleared long ago when I merged his Softhand ID, I guess. :p

Yes. After that only I doubted. Anyway off topic. No need to discuss....

Star to have a Hindi sports channel; Star Sports to become mother brand

The source, who did not wish to be identified, said that the dedicated Hindi sports channel has been christened Star Sports 3 and it will air India specific events like the Ranji Trophy, Hockey India League (HIL), Indian Badminton League (IBL), Super Fight League (SFL) and the upcoming Indian Super League (ISL), a 65:35 joint venture between IMG Reliance and Star India. The channel will also be home to international cricket involving the Indian team. Star Sports 2 will be a dual feed channel having mix of India and international content. “It will be a dual feed in Hindi and English language,” the source added. Star India has also decided to shed the ESPN brand in the country. The rebranded channel will be called Star Sports 4. Similarly, ESPN HD has been rebranded as Star Sports HD 2. The existing Star Sports channel will now be known as Star Sports 1 while Star Cricket HD will be rebranded as Star Sports HD 1. ESPN Software India, the sports broadcast subsidiary of Star India, currently owns and operates six channels in India including Star Sports, Star Sports 2, Star Cricket, Star Cricket HD, ESPN and ESPN HD. The move puts Star Sports brand at the centre stage and comes in the wake of Star India taking charge of the India sports business following the split between 21st Century Fox (earlier News Corp) and Walt Disney’s ESPN. ESI was earlier a subsidiary of Singapore-headquartered ESS. 21st Century Fox had paid $335 million to acquire ESPN’s 50 per cent stake in the company.

The source said that the new branding for all the six channels is most likely to come into effect beginning with the first Test match between India and West Indies that kicks off on 6 November. The timing of rebranding the sports network coincides with cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell Test series. The India-West Indies series comprises two Tests and three ODIs.

Read more at: Star to have a Hindi sports channel; Star Sports to become mother brand | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Why they removing "cricket" name on their channel,while india is a cricket loving country.
Earlier three "cricket" channels were present here-
Neo cricket,star cricket,ten cricket.
Now only ten cricket will left.

So this is evolving from the current news !!!
Star Sports will be Star Sports 1 (Will Showcase premier events mainly Cricket)
Star Sports 2 will remain Star Sports 2 (Will Showcase premier events mainly Football with Dual Feed)
Star Cricket will be Star Sports 3 (With Largely Hindi content and Indian Domestic properties)
ESPN will be Star Sports 4 (With International sports content like F1, Baseball, etc)
Star Cricket will be Star Sports HD 1 (With HD feed of Cricket and Football)
ESPN HD will be Star Sports HD 2 (with HD feed of Football, F1 and other Domestic Properties).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock