Arasu cable to disconnect MEDIAPRO channels

sathishbabu4u said:
How u telling it is temporary.. Are you from Arasu Cable corporation or are you director of Arasu cable.

Initially Arasu cable not shown SUN TV (for more than one year), which is Number one Tamil channel for long time

I hate Politician based MSO. Need Private MSO or move to DTH which is better option

It should be temporary unless they want to close down the MSO which they would never.

In TN and that too particularly Chennai MediaPro channels have a very good market. Without these channels the MSO would definitely suffer on a long run, also without Arasu's support these channels cant enter TN (except Chennai where SCV still rules in atleast 80-90% areas) so to continue their business in TN they have to enter a re-negotiation and close a deal.

So both MediaPro and Arasu would be getting into a discussion and would resolve the issue sooner.

Also please read my earlier news in this thread, it is now evident that Arasu hasn't stopped all the 59 channels of MediaPro and still continues to telecast most of them. So this issue should be temporary and would be settled before the month end.

I too hate politician based MSO, but Arasu is a state based MSO and not owned by any political party so i support them as i love public service.

From vellore Arasu cable connection what I'm receiving at my home is :-

Channels OUT
NGC
POGO
Cartoon network
HBO
Star plus
ZEE telugu
ZEE studio

Channels IN:
Colours
Gemini
Hungama
Chutti TV
Sun Life
BLANK
BLANK (Hope blanks will be replaced soon..)

:tup:tup:tup

Viki said:
Seems the issue finally came to an end after media companies agreed to give 25% discount.

HOUSE-MD said:
Bad time for Media Pro as they will bite the dust if Arasu moves out.

HOUSE-MD said:
If I'm a Media Pro CEO i will directly reach to Arasu and do what is best for my Company and for my clients. Please note, Arasu is a Monopoly and a Govt corporation so there is little that can be done other than to renegotiate and give them the channels to save the business.

Arasu seem to have the right sales people on board and they brought down the price to 2010 pricing whereby pushing the price 4 years behind.

Arasu shouldn't stop with this but has to immediately reach some agreement with Chennai LCO's and take these channels to the 40+ lakh subscriber base and make atleast 150 - 300 crore additional revenue a year.

Though it is a huge profit for Arasu it isnt a loss for MediaPro as they will make a huge revenue with Arasu which is a super government monopoly.

HOUSE-MD said:
The Tamil Nadu state Government very well can nationalize the MSO business by passing a law in the state assembly to that effect and get Governors approval for the same and can challenge anyone in court who attempts to stop it as this is definitely legal.

1: Arasu introduces official bills with govt emblem superscribed.
2: Arasu and collectors force LCO's to use only the given bills and asked subscribers not to pay more than Rs 70.
3: LCO's seem to have gone to court and got a stay and case again on Tuesday, 11 Feb 2014.
4: If court gives a GO to Arasu, then what i have quoted above becomes true.
5: Even if it fails then again what is quoted above will become true.

After successful negotiation,

Z Studio
Movies now
FX travellor
Star movies
Pix
NGC
Discovery Tamil
CN
& more...

All channels are back in Arasu

Only HBO is missing (Colours given in place of HBO).

Very much worth of paying Rs.100.

:clap:clap:clap

aravindan said:
After successful negotiation,

Z Studio
Movies now
FX travellor
Star movies
Pix
NGC
Discovery Tamil
CN
& more...

All channels are back in Arasu

Only HBO is missing (Colours given in place of HBO).

Very much worth of paying Rs.100.

:clap:clap:clap

Does Arasu know that Chennai is also a part of TN :huh :huh :(

NinadG said:
Great public service by TN govt....:tup

Yes, its an excellent public service. :tup :clap

But not available for the TN capital city. :( :dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock