Arasu cable to disconnect MEDIAPRO channels

And, unbiased people who goes through this thread will know who made this thread useless by just repeating Arasu will do good and will rock nothing other than that.

Viki said:
How to improve Arasu! Yes , Arasu is doing all , after reading your suggestions )... Don't always live in dream world , come out and see the reality.

If you are expecting Big Change , even god cannot save you from getting big disappointment...

What was a dream yesterday is a reality today. The entire TN is with Arasu and you think Chennai would be spared?? For how long??

While the entire TN has 60 Lakh Arasu subscribers which is almost 4 times that of Chennai's 14+ Lakhs. Though Chennai is small in comparison the revenue here is huge which can change the loss making Arasu into a huge profit company so Chennai is extremely important for the Govt corporation. So they will definetely take it no matter what.

You all think that TRAI's recommendation would stop it?? For how long??

Arasu is not just a Monopoly, it is a Super Government Monopoly and if ignored there is noway digitalization could happen in TN at-least for the next 3 years, so to achieve the DAS dream Arasu has to be given a GO sooner the better. You have to accept a fact that the entire TN is with Arasu and Chennai too has to join this list to proceed further.

TN has a history of challenging rules, flexing muscles to achieve its dream path to serve its people and has always been successful till date in its every venture and this would not stop.

This is not something you like or not, but this is happening this very time we are discussing here and this is the reality.

Viki said:
And, unbiased people who goes through this thread will know who made this thread useless by just repeating Arasu will do good and will rock nothing other than that.

Well, don't take things personal. Every one has their own views and expectations and from their point of view their stand would be the right one. So no-one is making the thread useless.

It was just an unwanted and too long discussion that has already been discussed by many people for several months. The following is just a partial list (some of the topics are really old),

1: Chennai & DAS.
2: SCV rearranged channels in Analogue.
3: Vijay TV further pushed down in SCV, proceeding to a fate like PT & Polimer?
4: JAK STB + Platinum package for 1 year at Rs 1500.
5: MyBB - Internal Error
6: Any one got Arasu STB?
7: Chennai DAS VS Analogue Confusion.
8: Over 50 Chennai LCO's pull Madras HC against Arasu. Will Arasu wakeup atleast Now??
9: SCV directly reaches subscribers bypassing LCO's.
10: Can TRAI really stop Arasu? What is the fate of Chennai Cable??
11: https://dreamdth.com/community/thre...rasu-what-is-the-fate-of-chennai-cable.23512/

I was arguing for Arasu while you are for LCO's so indirectly for SCV. I'm sure I'm right and cant say you were wrong either so both of us are right in our own ways. You saw the number of agitations in the city recently regarding the cable tv (this itself is a clear indication that Arasu has already initiated its process to enter Chennai and the LCO's are already feeling the heat for noncompliance) and what was the result? Without result how long can something proceed?

When someone says that the winter is coming you cant keep arguing and get into a heated argument that its wrong for it to come now, the infrastructure is weak etc... Winter has to come anyways... Just be ready to face it do what is the best to live through the winter. Winter (Arasu) this time is here to stay.

May your wish come true at least in this new year!

TDSAT case is pending for judgement , also MIB has to take decision soon as a case is pending in High court. Hope all the verdicts comes soon and we get clarity on DAS in Chennai.

FYI , I am not against Arasu always. But their recent moves are bad and killing cable business.

SCV is not doing anything now , because in SUN Direct they don't have spectrum (TP) , if they do anything now for DAS they cannot tap the people moving out of cable to DTH , but by April they will have the spectrum and will work extensively to move to DAS.

And , these Arasu cable TV officials don't know anything about cable business , their ground experience in cable business is nil.

I was working with my cousin brother's LCO during holidays when I was doing my schools. So , I know how big pain it is to loose a LCO business and running a cable business.

Viki said:
May your wish come true at least in this new year!

TDSAT case is pending for judgement , also MIB has to take decision soon as a case is pending in High court. Hope all the verdicts comes soon and we get clarity on DAS in Chennai.

Same here. I'm not expecting large, but i wish to have something similar or a better package and service on par with the other cities/States MSO.

Viki said:
FYI , I am not against Arasu always. But their recent moves are bad and killing cable business.

SCV is not doing anything now , because in SUN Direct they don't have spectrum (TP) , if they do anything now for DAS they cannot tap the people moving out of cable to DTH , but by April they will have the spectrum and will work extensively to move to DAS.

And , these Arasu cable TV officials don't know anything about cable business , their ground experience in cable business is nil.

I was working with my cousin brother's LCO during holidays when I was doing my schools. So , I know how big pain it is to loose a LCO business and running a cable business.

I can understand how you feel. Arasu will get DAS license soon and we will achieve better cable service and the LCO's too would be benefited.

Chennai wont be on basic Rs 70 package for ever as people here would expect better quality, channel count and all language channels etc so the package cost would eventually increase (not as high as other MSO's but somewhat around Rs 130/150/170) for better packages so eventually LCO's share would rise, but they have to have better understanding with Arasu to get it better.

Every business undergoes similar situations, but time will make it better. Lets hope for the best. :) :tup

But my impression, MIB will not give DAS license to Arasu. And , it will take at least another couple of months to start digitalization in CHENNAI.

Viki said:
But my impression, MIB will not give DAS license to Arasu. And , it will take at least another couple of months to start digitalization in CHENNAI.

Ok, whom do you think will do DAS in Chennai after 2 months?

I can't say it will happen after 2 months exactly. But DAS without Arasu, SCV & TCCL can grab the max share. SCV is because they have STB in hsnd to roll-out and TCCL because they have LCO support , when DAS implementation starts seriously , more LCO's will join TCCL , but SCV may come up with good offers for LCOs....If Govt seriously wants to implement DAS and wipe out SCV they should support TCCL , this is the right time to do that! but will they do?!

Viki said:
I can't say it will happen after 2 months exactly. But DAS without Arasu, SCV & TCCL can grab the max share. SCV is because they have STB in hsnd to roll-out and TCCL because they have LCO support , when DAS implementation starts seriously , more LCO's will join TCCL , but SCV may come up with good offers for LCOs....If Govt seriously wants to implement DAS and wipe out SCV they should support TCCL , this is the right time to do that! but will they do?!

SCV: :huh

TCCL: :tup

Arasu: :k

We like or not SCV is having the upper hand as of now. As it has huge investment background , STB and LCO's support. For TCCL , current LCO's support is the key factor.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock