Are you happy with new (2019) TRAI based satellite tv plans?

Are you happy with new TRAI based satellite tv plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Airtel does something or takes this to court, most infinity customer might crossover to TataSky as the prices could be almost the same also TataSky logo looks smaller whereas Airtel logo is as similar to Channel logo's.

Ok, here is the trick, Old plan is Rs 275 for my secondary connection with infinity pack HD, now a similar pack costs Rs 599 but Airtel says my previous pack now costs Rs 699 as discounts are abolished so i better take to have the same experience. For every connection i have to shell out min Rs 599 or Rs 699.
Ok so that's why. Old protected too good price are there no more. U were anyways lucky to have infinity HD in 275 till now...
It's unfortunate but had to end some day even otherwise..
Still it's bad for u since it's lot of difference.. sad.

Ok so that's why. Old protected too good price are there no more. U were anyways lucky to have infinity HD in 275 till now...
It's unfortunate but had to end some day even otherwise..
Still it's bad for u since it's lot of difference.. sad.

Yes. Now TRAI gets the praise for putting everything to an END. Nopes, not bad for me. Definitely not bad for me, i might limit with just 1 connection and if more such people follow then all hard efforts wasted for all those who worked hard to make DTH more affordable and bring a revolution in satellite television.

If same prices and policy continues till next year same date, then we can all see magics happening. Demonetisation, GST and now this. This similar to others could be an excellent thought, but seems poorly implemented.

Why one dth one price

One cable one price

Trai did great job

All are equal

Let's see how hereafter dth cable selling

It's too much difference. Are sure u r selecting right...? Can take help from people in ur reach. What I m seeing... here's difference mostly of 20-70 RS range for most of the people for same set of channels...
That difference in the range of 50 would be for the ones who only watch regional channels. If you consider south Indians who also watch Hindi content the difference would be minimum 150

I am Dish TV, Tata Sky, Airtel Digital TV Subscriber & I am not happy with new Trai rule.

That difference in the range of 50 would be for the ones who only watch regional channels. If you consider south Indians who also watch Hindi content the difference would be minimum 150
Yes u r right. Multiple genres and multilanguage have an added cost now. How much that I don't know. Only Sony I hear have some bilingual plans but not very good in content..
Even otherwise south India was having and to some extent still having slightly better priced plan than rest of India. But u start adding more language then that is a problem now.

Last edited:
My old plan - Rs 251 including 29 HD channels consisting of bengali regional hd,all sports hd, Hindi movies hd,infotainment hd channels(Airtel dth)
My new plan - Rs 335 including only bengali channels and 8 sports HD channels. Hugely disappointing.

Do you really watch 8 Sports channels?

Yes. Now TRAI gets the praise for putting everything to an END. Nopes, not bad for me. Definitely not bad for me, i might limit with just 1 connection and if more such people follow then all hard efforts wasted for all those who worked hard to make DTH more affordable and bring a revolution in satellite television.

If same prices and policy continues till next year same date, then we can all see magics happening. Demonetisation, GST and now this. This similar to others could be an excellent thought, but seems poorly implemented.
Totally agree. Implementation should have been better. But stakeholders dragged to much time in court settling their infighting of revenue sharing and resisting transparency by trai in same breath...it stopped to be funny after sometime...
I believe Jio giga fibre will bring major disruption in cable market much sooner...and even otherwise Netflix, Amazon prime and hotstar have started eating into their businesses...so they will find tough to stand long... without conceding their profit margins to consumer...

Last edited:
Yes u r right. Multiple genres and multilanguage had added cost now. How much that I don't know. Only Sony I hear have some bilingual plans but not very good in content..
Even otherwise south India was having and to some extent still having slightly better priced plan than rest of India. But u start adding more language then that is a problem now.
Yeah. South India was having relatively cheaper rates. Even the sports packs were priced a little bit on lower side in South India earlier. Need to play around with the combos now to cut down the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock