Are you happy with new (2019) TRAI based satellite tv plans?

Are you happy with new TRAI based satellite tv plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These supporters are tatasky users only who were paying HD access fees and thus basic pack price was costing them ₹500....
I think trai and government people were also tatasky users and hence they made this decision

Pushing customers 10 years back can never be a good decision.when internet is cheap,smart TV and smartphone are easily available people will soon prefer to watch their favourite shows using jiotv or other internet subscriptions.

Well said bro....let's say you are choosing just 3 HD channels(starplus HD,Colors HD,zee TV HD) for your family you still end up paying ₹153+67= ₹220

Is it wise to pay such high amount for less channels. Excess channels should exist else what will be the meaning of channel surfing 😅
Besides sometime some channel shows different content.it is always better to have more channels.
Dear I was having dhamal kids @350 (without HD) with multi tv @250. Now I have 23 HD channels with English content like zee cafe HD, &prive HD and &flix HD....all infotainment channels most of them in HD, all kids channels, most of the music channels including MTV HD+, MTV Beats HD, vh1hd, along with star HD, SET HD, Colors HD, Zee HD, & TV, Cineplex HD....all @402 with multi TV@200.
Previous 600
Now 602.
I have chosen wisely with total 80 channels count and not missing anything great from previous...
So am I wrong??

Last edited:
I m sure u know that trai has only capped maximum price of channel to not go beyond 19 if in a bouquet as earlier few channels were as pricier as 75 for one individual channels.
Trai has also capped profit margin for one connection to be 130 max in comparison to earlier non-transparent deal between them and broadcaster.
U should be aware that trai has only capped these profits of broadcasters and distributers and giving market governing power in the hand of consumer as now on it's simple demand and supply rule applicable to this market.
Ur anger is misdirected since it's broadcasters and distributers who are charging MAXIMUM of their allowed profit margin from u in terms of channel price of 19 and ncf of 130 both being MRP and bound to be discounted since u as consumer won't be buying EVERY channel now.
Most of us are short sighted and can't see simple things.
Two more things to clarify that trai has power to reduce MRP of channels from 19 and also forcing 85:100 rule as noted by supreme Court. Trai has assured that it will keep watch from consumer point of view and if needed then will take necessary action.
So dear every possiblity from here on is the rectification of prices in favor of consumer... either by market trends or forcibly by trai.
Just wait and watch....
Very right bro,we will see minimum 50% reduction in prices exceprt Star Sports 1 or may be Ten 1 who are covering Cricket as Indian viewer are cricket crazy,premium SD channels like Star Plus Zee etc will becoming down to less than Rs10 from present Rs19 and premium HD channel coming down to Rs 10-14 range From Rs19 for sure

I m sure u know that trai has only capped maximum price of channel to not go beyond 19 if in a bouquet as earlier few channels were as pricier as 75 for one individual channels.
Trai has also capped profit margin for one connection to be 130 max in comparison to earlier non-transparent deal between them and broadcaster.
U should be aware that trai has only capped these profits of broadcasters and distributers and giving market governing power in the hand of consumer as now on it's simple demand and supply rule applicable to this market.
Ur anger is misdirected since it's broadcasters and distributers who are charging MAXIMUM of their allowed profit margin from u in terms of channel price of 19 and ncf of 130 both being MRP and bound to be discounted since u as consumer won't be buying EVERY channel now.
Two more things to clarify that trai has power to reduce MRP of channels from 19 and also forcing 85:100 rule as noted by supreme Court. Trai has assured that it will keep watch from consumer point of view and if needed then will take necessary action.
So dear every possiblity from here on is the rectification of prices in favor of consumer... either by market trends or forcibly by trai.
Just wait and watch....
Bro I have nothing to say if you were paying 75 for single channel earlier. There were always ways to get them at cheaper rates. They would price a sports channel at 75 but at the same time they were giving some 11 sports channels at 51/month and that too in HD. Just that people were lazy not to lookout for options.

And as far as reduction in channel rates in future, you think the prices of premium channels like star plus or gold or star sports or Sony six would ruduce? Only the Junk ones would not these as people will anyway subscribe to them. Its a bad move. Even if the ncf is reduced to 100, and we subscribe to 5 good channels the bill would be 210. My point is even though we were served useless channels earlier we were also getting all the useful ones at much cheaper rate than this.

These supporters are tatasky users only who were paying HD access fees and thus basic pack price was costing them ₹500....
I think trai and government people were also tatasky users and hence they made this decision

Pushing customers 10 years back can never be a good decision.when internet is cheap,smart TV and smartphone are easily available people will soon prefer to watch their favourite shows using jiotv or other internet subscriptions.

Well said bro....let's say you are choosing just 3 HD channels(starplus HD,Colors HD,zee TV HD) for your family you still end up paying ₹153+67= ₹220

Is it wise to pay such high amount for less channels. Excess channels should exist else what will be the meaning of channel surfing 😅
Besides sometime some channel shows different content.it is always better to have more channels.
I already do that, I have got broadband and watch matches on jiotv

Bro I have nothing to say if you were paying 75 for single channel earlier. There were always ways to get them at cheaper rates. They would price a sports channel at 75 but at the same time they were giving some 11 sports channels at 51/month and that too in HD. Just that people were lazy not to lookout for options.

And as far as reduction in channel rates in future, you think the prices of premium channels like star plus or gold or star sports or Sony six would ruduce? Only the Junk ones would not these as people will anyway subscribe to them. Its a bad move. Even if the ncf is reduced to 100, and we subscribe to 5 good channels the bill would be 210. My point is even though we were served useless channels earlier we were also getting all the useful ones at much cheaper rate than this.
No I have not subscribed any channel at 75 earlier.
Ncf is totally given up by sun.
Since u were not craving for HD channels earlier, were looking for a price point below 250...were ok with large number of unwanted channels dilution... don't mind at being at receiving end of market...ok with getting more and more annoying ads in lieu of paying upfront channel cost.... it's difficult to get all popular channels now in that range...true for time being.... I do understand ur anger.
But it is misdirected at trai.
U can escalate the matter to trai if broadcasters and distributers don't reduce the price then trai can definitely bring down the ceiling further.
In any case all this discussion is moot coz after Jio giga fibre... consumption market is set for another big disruption...as early as in March
And yes premium channels will also come down in cost since there's large chunk of consumer in <250 bracket and they won't be able to buy these channels....these people like u are angry for now but coz of these people only broadcasters will lose large audience and have no choice but to decrease price accordingly to reach them again.
In the meantime...yes there will be a lot of anger...

Last edited:
No I have not subscribed any channel at 75 earlier.
Ncf is totally given up by sun.
Since u were not craving for HD channels earlier, were looking for a price point below 250...were ok with large number of unwanted channels dilution... don't mind at being at receiving end of market...ok with getting more and more annoying ads in lieu of paying upfront channel cost.... it's difficult to get all popular channels now in that range...true for time being.... I do understand ur anger.
But it is misdirected at trai.
U can escalate the matter to trai if broadcasters and distributers don't reduce the price then trai can definitely bring down the ceiling further.
In any case all this discussion is moot coz after Jio giga fibre... consumption market is set for another big disruption...as early as in March
And yes premium channels will also come down in cost since there's large chunk of consumer in <250 bracket and they won't be able to buy these channels....these people like u are angry for now but coz of these people only broadcasters will lose large audience and have no choice but to decrease price accordingly to reach them again.
In the meantime...yes there will be a lot of anger...
Not angry at all. Just hope the dust settles down soon. Anyway it might not even affect me as I'm in annual pack and it might continue. I'm getting All Sports, Hindi movies, English movies and Telugu regional ones in HD at 330/month Just stating what would it look like if I have pick channels on ala carte basis.

Not angry at all. Just hope the dust settles down soon. Anyway it might not even affect me as I'm in annual pack and it might continue. I'm getting All Sports, Hindi movies, English movies and Telugu regional ones in HD at 330/month Just stating what would it look like if I have pick channels on ala carte basis.
But yes...lowest price cadre will be affected most for the time being... And that's why unhappiness.

Just wait and watch....
Star Plus is 22 rupees so... how can it cap at 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock