Are you thinking about cord cutting?

Are you thinking about cord cutting?

• Total voters

Harsha1996

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
It is Clear that NTO 2.0, going to increase prices of paytv for sure....
Are you thinking about completely ditching the dth / Cable TV and shift to OTT...
Or are thinking about reducing the usage of paytv like for some days (matchdays, weekends) like that..

Team note:

This is the second time the user has created a thread on this topic. The first time it was posted on our OnlyTech forums, which was not the correct place for the topic. However, we missed closing the thread. Since now the topic is created on DDF, we are allowing it and closing the OTF thread.

In the future, if you get doubts about which forum you should post the thread, kindly consult the forum team for clarification prior to posting. Do not cross-post the same thing across both forums.

Link to the original discussion for reference: Do you think Cord Cutting (surrendering DTH/Cable TV) is worth in India?

Bro, I created this thread in DDF now because of NTO 2.0 regulations and I mentioned the same...
But, next time I will talk to the team if I have any doubts or clarifications needed for this kind of polls or something.

Since I mostly watch news and sports. I don't need to make switch until Olympics. Also it depends on Viacom. I won't cut cord to have ad supported streaming specially when it comes to non cricket sports.

In India, I will think of cord cutting - only when the live sports streaming can match the quality and higher frame rates of traditional broadcasts. Currently OTT seems more value for money option though, but uncertain about its future.

On the OTT side also, it is not all roses. For some platforms, they are taking subscription money and showing us ads. Asking more money to remove ads. I am not ethically aligned to this thought process.
And we get a new player in OTT space in every few months and they sign up some exclusive shows and that indirectly costs substantial amount of money out of our planned budget for entertainment purposes. As we have to see the new show 😅, right!

So for now, Cable,DTH will stay relevant for a few more years. Though can't deny, OTT is trying it's best to take over. But still I will miss the convenience of switching among multiple contents with just changing LCNs, if traditional broadcast system dies down eventually.

My advice would be if you planning to cut cord bring yourself a DDFreeDish STB or buy new DDFreeDish connection if using cable because in case in future price of these OTT become unbearable you can simply switch to STB of your choice with small allignment if require. DDFreeDish will offer you news and music channel.

Wish there was an app which could combine channels from various ott apps and works like traditional dth.is there any?
Currently none, but in 2023 I think there will be proper live tv apps.... From jio mostly.. Because it is easy for them to monetize ipl rights through live tv apps..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock