Discussion Are you totally on DTH/cable or switched to OTT?

What service are you using?

• Total voters
Mix of dth... Using Tata play binge ..me n my family usually watch SAB tv Sony tv n Gujarati channels so Can't switch to OTT totally as of now..DTH is must fr now.. n for that am paying 300 rs per month..

And I watch live cricket matches , sometimes some web series ,movies on OTT so i have subscribed Binge 299 Mega OTT plan which I find affordable for me as it includes monthly subscription of Hotstar zee5 Sony liv, voot , Shemaroo n many others..
And other than that I have also Subscribed to Amazon prime..

so for Both the TV channels n OTT service I am spending around total 700 to 800 rs per month right now..

Mix of both since way back in 2015. Only because shows use to release earlier on OTT before TV. Also shows were totally uncensored. Even before this around 2008-09 use to watch most of wrestling via pendrive (technically downloaded on demand content) given me to me some friend as broadcast was late or sometimes didn't even aired in India. Nowadays I only watch sitcoms and sports on TV. It doesn't matter whether I am using a WiFi connection or mobile data I till date haven't any sports without interruption on Hotstar and Sony Liv. So I am gonna stick to DTH until they improve.

Come on, if you watch only English TV channels, then what is left in DTH? Some movies and 3 to 5 shows of Comedy Central and Colors Infinity. And except movies, shows are available for free to Jio users.

If you have a life/job and don't have time for movies, DTH is useless (unless you love Cricket). Also, you have to pay ₹200+ for English movie channels, Comedy Central and Colors Infinity. Too much.

Mix of DTH and OTT.

Mostly watch sports, Music & News on DTH.

Movies, Series/Serial on OTT.

I'm totally shifted to fiber from Oct2021 with some OTTs as we need broadband for office work, children studies over DTH. Now watching movies and serials before TV by family members, that too without ads.

Come on, if you watch only English TV channels, then what is left in DTH? Some movies and 3 to 5 shows of Comedy Central and Colors Infinity. And except movies, shows are available for free to Jio users.

If you have a life/job and don't have time for movies, DTH is useless (unless you love Cricket). Also, you have to pay ₹200+ for English movie channels, Comedy Central and Colors Infinity. Too much.
Some major regional channels of Punjabi, Gujarati, Bangla are not available on OTT. Some of them are available in HD in local cable networks, but SD in OTT or DTH.
So as of now, for regional content, we'd have to stick to DTH/Cable for 3-4 years more...i think.

In Coming years Ott will crush DTH in cites

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock