Discussion Are you totally on DTH/cable or switched to OTT?

What service are you using?

• Total voters
Mix of ADTV and OTT services Amazon Prime Video, zee5, voot, airtel xstreame and Disney+hotStar am in all in 1 airtel black plan costs 1999/month. Also I think still most of the people has stick to cable/dth coz star doesn't have live channels in any digital streaming platforms were we can watch zee sony and Viacom18 channels.
STAR is providing live channels in Jio TV+ wth Jio fiber+OTT plan (399+200).

The main issue with OTT is switching channels is not friendly as dth..wish there was a single app which could combine multiple OTt subscription and allow the users to switch channel like dth
Live channels not neeeded, if OTTs provide content/programs before TV time except live sports. We can watch them without ads, so we can view an episode in 22 min instead of 30 mins.

Live channels not neeeded, if OTTs provide content/programs before TV time except live sports. We can watch them without ads, so we can view an episode in 22 min instead of 30 mins.
On demand aspect of OTT is good but sometimes when I'm really tired and can't think of anything in particular to watch, then live channels are really useful, so an easier way to scroll live channels would be good.

On demand aspect of OTT is good but sometimes when I'm really tired and can't think of anything in particular to watch, then live channels are really useful, so an easier way to scroll live channels would be good.
Its correct, when we have tired. but we cant waste 8 mins of every 30 mins, when we have leisure time.

The main issue with OTT is switching channels is not friendly as dth..wish there was a single app which could combine multiple OTt subscription and allow the users to switch channel like dth
Is Amazon Fire Stick's Live Channels feature any good? I have tried Jio one, found it okayish. If the number feature worked in all apps it would be better.

i personally find channel surfing on linear tv more convenient than checking content in OTT apps. Since I have to login to each app separately.
This is not required. We need to login just 1 time at the start. Then we don`t need to login everytime when we switched on TV.
Agreed. One needs to be sure what to watch in OTT. Most people want to mindlessly scroll through channels to get something watchable. Else if I know where can I find my content, its is no brainer.
But every 1 is not having jio most of them are using airtel.
I am having airtel xtreme and I have added JioTV through Kodi. In that way, one can enjoy star channels.
I believe early content was experimented with Big Boss on voot. Else it doesn`t need to be early just people don`t want ads in between.

Is Amazon Fire Stick's Live Channels feature any good? I have tried Jio one, found it okayish. If the number feature worked in all apps it would be better.
It's still under development. Only selected apps like Sonyliv, SunNxt, Zee5, Discovery, Yupp TV etc are integrated with the live channels tab. Also, not all channels in the app can be integrated and only a few channels can be seen in the live tab. Switching of channels is still not user-friendly as every channel opens in their respective apps and consumes more time compared to DTH/Cable. Even program information is not provided on all the channels. Major apps like Hotstar etc are yet to support this feature.
The only device that supports major channels on the internet is the Jio set-up box but that too has many channels missing and it has most of the drawbacks mentioned above.
Unless and until users require live channels to view content, there is no like-to-like replacement on the ott platform, at least in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock