Astra 1N ready for July 1 liftoff

Napster

Reaction score
All is ready for the countdown leading to a liftoff on July 1 during a launch window that opens at 6:43 pm local time (21:43 GMT) on Arianespace’s fourth mission in 2011. The two passengers for this flight are the Astra 1N and BSAT-3c/JCSAT-110R DTH satellites.
To be deployed first during the 38-minute mission is Astra 1N, which was built by EADS Astrium in Toulouse, France for the Luxembourg-based operator SES Astra. Based on Astrium’s Eurostar E3000 platform, Astra 1N has an estimated liftoff mass of 5,350 kg. and is fitted with 52 active Ku-band transponders. It initially is to deliver interim capacity from an orbital position of 28.2 degrees East, and subsequently will move to SES Astra’s prime location at 19.2 degrees East for primary and backup services during a designed operational lifetime of 15 years.
BSAT-3c/JCSAT-110R was manufactured by Lockheed Martin Commercial Space Systems at its plant in Newtown, Pennsylvania as part of a turnkey contract for Japanese operators B-SAT Corporation and SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation. Produced using an A2100 A platform, this satellite will weigh approximately 2,910 kg. at launch, and is to be positioned at 110 degrees East longitude in geostationary orbit, and offers a design life exceeding 16 years. BSAT-3c/JCSAT-110R is fitted with 24 active Ku-band transponders, and is primarily designed to provide direct TV broadcast links for all of Japan.
The July 1 mission follows Arianespace’s previous Ariane 5 flights in 2011 that orbited the ST-2 and GSAT-8 telecommunications satellites on May 20; the Yahsat Y1A and Intelsat New Dawn relay spacecraft on April 22; and the Johannes Kepler Automated Transfer Vehicle for servicing of the International Space Station on February 16.

credit to Robert Briel

give a link or name to sorce otherwise i will take actions.
For article posting rules check out my signature.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock