Seeking Help Low Signal Quality - TATA Play

• Thread starter acrkmr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 52
  • Views: Views 4,756

acrkmr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that I recently switched over to TataPlay from my local cable operator. Everything seemed great at first, but I've noticed that the signal quality isn't as strong as I'd hoped.

This is my first time using a service like this, so I'm not sure if it's normal to experience these kinds of signal issues, especially during rainy weather. Surprisingly, though, I can still watch channels without too much trouble, even when it's pouring outside.

I'm just a bit unsure whether this is something I should be worried about or if it's just a minor hiccup that will sort itself out. Any advice or thoughts would be really helpful.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry if I missed any important details.

Not in very heavy rain.
It will work in Moderate, constant, light rain and dark clouds.
But, your clear sky signal quality has to be 85% or higher which equates to Mer 13db or higher.

On clear sky, my signal quality hovers around 20-40. I'm not sure if this is due to the LNB or the installation. :(

The connection is new, but even in clear weather, the signal quality on most channels won’t go above 40, though the signal strength stays between 70-80. The "no signal" issue often happens with even the slightest rain, but the service technician keeps saying this is normal, which I don’t believe based on what I’ve read on this forum. I’ll write a detailed email to the given emails. Thanks.
Then they will replace lnb @ free of cost bro, no need to purchase new lnb

This was the default configuration. The alignment between +20 to -20 is what you mean by the 'skew angle,' right? I will keep this in mind once I receive the new Solid Sale LNB.
Skew angle is meant to align the signal polarization in horizontal and vertical axis.
The new LNB may not have exactly the same config. So you'll have to have someone look at the signal on the TV and you can be on call with them on the roof adjusting the skew and focus.
Reminds me of the old Yagi antenna days lol

Wow, you are lucky to get twin satellite lnb. This can capture d2h and ses8 with single dish. It's got a built in Diseqc switch. But it will have a 3db insertion loss. Which is common for Diseqc switches.
Should I change the Lnb or continue using it?? Because it says no signal even when the there's a light cloud

As per the image your problem is not with dish or lnb since the MER/BER is good level
The culprit is cable or any wire joints.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock